Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Luthier said on antother forum (and I can't find it right now) that 1C couldn't afford to NOT release it in 2008. It's been a while since I read that (6 months maybe), and I know Luthier doesn't work with 1C, but I guess he knows pretty much what's going on in that company.
On the other hand; they might have refinanced since that was said..

Skarphol
Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Older View Post
When Elvis' daughter married Michael Jackson, I KNEW he was dead.

So why did you bring this whole thing up, if you already knew the answer?
Ohh, it was just a way of starting another "when will it be released" thread but maskerading it in some way as a "when will it be released" thread it strictly verboten in all "maybe vapourware" forums. I've been in many and you have to wrap the subject in some way when the itch of writing one gets too bad...

As it is now I have gatehered one new piece of information that I did not have before (Skaphols comment). Thereby I am content and can troll around somewhere else for a while. The Graal for useless thread initiators like me is naturally that Oleg pops into the thread and thows a bone - but no. I've been around to long to hope for that. The semi-bones we feed on are thrown by Luthier, SaQSoN etc...

Mazex
Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Oh, so you are one of those people. I hope you had your fun. Please do not be surprised when I never treat you as an adult again
Old 05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Older View Post
Oh, so you are one of those people. I hope you had your fun. Please do not be surprised when I never treat you as an adult again
No problem. As you obviously took the time to post in this thread one could argue that you have an interest in the release date of this software too? Why did you even read it from the beginning otherwise if you have reached the enlightened adult state where speculation about the release date is a waste of time and "it's done when it's done" suits you fine?

Please don't take my words above too seriously - I actually agree with you that speculation like this IS a waste of time, especially as there obviously is some legal/strategic discussion between UBI/(Atari)/1C/Maddox Games that prevents more information from being spread. These guys are certainly not stupid and want to maximize the media exposure they get in the best way possible to promote this software. If they do not release ingame images, movies or release dates there is a reason. Be sure.

/Mazex

Last edited by mazex; 05-07-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling...
Old 05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

OK, in the few weeks since I posted that Gamespot had a release date of Q3 2008 for SoW:BoB they have updated the information. Now it's set to Q1 2009 over there.

OK - why has someone at Gamespot (a mainstream game site) updated their release info from Q3 2008 to Q1 2009? It would be justified if their "guess" date had been passed and some system alarm tells someone to make another guess as they don't want dates that have been passed. Do they read all the posts in forums like this and get the "general feeling" of 2009 that a lot of us others get? Don't think so... Why would they bother changing it as they don't seem to bother too much about the game judging from the content they have? They do meet all the marketing guys at events like Ubidays 2008, even though the game was not displayed there, someone may have discussed other games with some guy that knows the current state of the project. That is if Ubisoft is still the publisher - there are no fresh indications of that as no information at all is available at the ubi.com page. I get a strong feeling of lawyers at war regarding the publishing rights for SoW:BoB.

Just wasting time thinking out loud as we are grabbing scraps of information everywhere as there is no official information right now.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Approved Member

IIRC this date has been updated 6 or 7 times now for BoB, since it was officially announced years ago.

They don't have a clue, honestly, and just set a later date. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe they even got here, reading the user-comment, that even if aimed at Christmas 08 it will probably miss that date and will be released in Q1 09, just as FB and IL2.

Could also be somebody throwing a dice or reading from the blood of a slaughtered sheep - who knows.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

@ Feuerfalke : I prefer read in bones of dead mammouth. I usually get good results. Unfortunately no mammouth is available so I can't give you the answer about the release date of SoW.

Just give me a mammouth to read !!!!