Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Default Strangest issue just encountered

Hi everyone, I just encountered the weirdest.. well it must be a bug!

I was flying a JU88 on the standard free flight/endurance flight to france quick mission (normally starting with a blenheim) and learning the ins and outs of the CEM, trimming and my control scheme, as usual.

Generally the flight was very pleasant and uneventful, climbed it up to 5km through the flight, generally at speeds of 250km/h - took me an hour and a half to reach the final destination in that mission.

Once I reached the final airport I began a descent/speed run in a shallow dive and reached speeds of 370-400km/h, when I noticed that the blue flames on the exhausts of both my engines had turned into larger yellow flames/small fireballs and the engines gave hints in moments of roughness that something was about to go wrong. This in itself was strange given I'd carefully monitored temps throughout the flight, but could do with the large amount of throttle I gave it to get to 5km+ altitude. Still, it was strange that both engines were failing simultaneously.

What was VERY strange, however, was that after beginning a quick smart descent to the airport and watching the engine issue grow worse (including governor, exhaust and some other failure), at approximately 2km from the airport and 1km altitude - with me watching the ground the WHOLE time - my plane simultaneously 'warped' and exploded, having hit the ground!

I was very taken aback by this, given that only a moment ago I was at 1km+!

Anyone have any idea what went wrong? It was a very unsatisfying end to the flight.

Last edited by irR4tiOn4L; 04-18-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Ok I wasn't high, I swear!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

UFO activity?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Ok I suppose no one has had a similar experience then

I will try and reproduce the fault, although somehow I very much doubt i'll be able to!

Too bad I didn't record a track - its a real pity how they changed this from IL2 because now I need to manually enable recording each time I run a mission, and often I just forget.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Ok it just happened again!

This time in a BR.20 which again suffered engine failure (must be doing something wrong - found useful threads and info on this though, might be oil too cold and thus governor failure)

But, this time I DID record a track!

Could someone have a look at the attached track (just fast forward until I hit the english coast and begin an erratic descent from the clouds when I hit engine trouble) and confirm whether they see the literal 'warp' into the water at the end?

I find it hard to believe that no one has ever experienced this before when I've had it twice already! It's ruining my flights!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BR20 cross country.zip (3.73 MB, 6 views)

Last edited by irR4tiOn4L; 04-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Well, you ran into engine probs but you kept throttle at full

Definately seeing the warp though. Could it be lag? You've been low and pulled on the stick so you might have been experiencing lag from terrain load or something. But it's odd indeed.

I haven't experienced it yet.