Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Smile Can't see other people's skins?

Hey everyone! I'm kind of a noob pilot around here, so I hope I don't get flamed too hard lol

Anyway, I've taken to flying with my friend in coop missions and everythings working great, except for custom skins. When we play, my friend can see my custom skins, but I can't see his. We both have skin downloading on (or.. at least with the switch UP, which I assume is on lol), but I've never been able to see one of his skins.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Something I need to enable?

Thanks for your help in advance
Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Hi

In the IL2 1946 installation directory find the conf.ini file and make sure under

[NET]
SkinDownload=1

Is set as above.

Skins can take some time to download to each client machine from the host.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Unfortunately, both of us have it set to one, so that isn't the issue here...

EDIT:

Can the host see other users' downloaded skins or is it that the client can only see the host's skins?

Last edited by OVERSKY; 04-18-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

A couple of things have to be in place...

1) You have to have skin downloads set to on. Which you appear to have.

2) The server you're on has to have skin downloads also set to on. If the server does not have this feature enabled skins will not be downloaded regardless of what your individual setting is.

Assuming those two items have been met, then the server has to trickle download each custom skin to each player. This has to be done without significantly compromising the network performance (i.e. increase the latency or ping time). Each skin is 1.00 MB in size, however, multiply an entire server full of custom skins that have to be downloaded for each player and you can have a lot of data flying around. Particularly in a dogfight server scenario where you could see twice as many players over the course of an hour (some joining and some leaving).

This is a long winded way of saying that it will take time for custom skins to propagate.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Solved the problem. There was no NetCache folder in the paintscheme folder. This problem would affect people who installed the game through steam, so. Yeah! Here you go, instant solution.