Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Hello guys,

I decided to update LGS and firmware to 5.09 (1.41) then 5.10 (1.42) as well and can say it is true. After FW update all forces somehow changed their behaviour (with the same settings). Before FW update to 1.41 you were able to feel different forces while maneuver the airplane (Wings of prey in my case) Pulling airplane up too fast produced more force strength while pulling airplane decently it produced less force strength. As you wrote, now it feels much more like with constant centering force (even it is disabled in profiler) while some strength variables (given by aircraft maneuvering) were lost. (similiar with DCS BS, can't fight with wind)

!BUT! I've got very close for now with > Logitech Profiler: Overall (110), Spring (45), Damper (40), Disable "Centering Spring " and set "Centering Spring Strenght" to 0% I have found that ingame FFB strenght makes big differences when I set to 5th or 6th value. Keep trying to stay close to all numbers and tweak with very slow steps.

I can recomend to set "Apply persistent profile" under Global Profiler Settings, configure that profile (like above) and to be sure also configure same values to > edit > "specific game settings" under Logitech profiler. At least for first tweaking procedures, to be sure changes are really made and it's doing progress in game.

I just realized now maybe that "Spring Effect Strength" etc. under Logitech profiler now works slightly different then before FW update and with settings above I can feel almost the same like before WF update. (I used to have everything on 100% under profiler before update FW) Also when "Centering Spring" is enabled, but strenght is set to 0% I can feel more friction (which feels better indeed) while there are no focres of course at low airspeed etc.
I'm thinking now, that guys screaming at forums about wrong FFB after FW update maybe didn't get into this point at all. The more I'm tweaking and playing, the more it feels better then before. Also with FW it seems "mini-joystick" is definitelly fixed and spiking R1/R2 is matter of few screws removal and cable tie instead of one screw. inside. And viola, all negatives are gone ;o)

Last edited by Hanzales; 05-05-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

hi artist thx for the link to this post could you plz repost the link to the current or best fedit download you posted earlier .
dont know if its just me but i carnt seem to click the link and download the programme

~S~
Old 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzo View Post
hi artist thx for the link to this post could you plz repost the link to the current or best fedit download you posted earlier .
dont know if its just me but i carnt seem to click the link and download the programme~S~
These locations have the tendency to disappear... A search engine might help . Anyway: here