Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Default CoD on AMD 6850 GPU

So if anybody has it i would like to ask how well does that GPU run Cliffs of Dover. My old 9800GTX has broken recently i want to replace it with something better and 6850 is the most powerful graphics card i can afford but before i buy it i would like to know if it can run CoD with reasonable settings.

The exact model is here http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6850...dition-OC.html . It costs around 130 € 140 € but if it cannot run CoD in at least medium quality I wil buy something cheaper.

If you have it post your FPS settings screenshots here please.

Thank You.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

i dobtn have it, but asked the quaestion yesterday to a mate ( actually for a 6870), and he told me performace was on par wit ha 560TI, wish is the minimum unnoficial requirement to paly this game.

will it run on medium? most likely, but you will have stuters for now.

honestly, wait for the patch, if you can live 1 -2 weeks withou a GPU that is.

it will all be made clear then.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palker4 View Post
So if anybody has it i would like to ask how well does that GPU run Cliffs of Dover. My old 9800GTX has broken recently i want to replace it with something better and 6850 is the most powerful graphics card i can afford but before i buy it i would like to know if it can run CoD with reasonable settings.

The exact model is here http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6850...dition-OC.html . It costs around 130 € 140 € but if it cannot run CoD in at least medium quality I wil buy something cheaper.

If you have it post your FPS settings screenshots here please.

Thank You.
I've had the Sapphire 6850 (sold my old rig) and I have to say the 6850 might have the best fps/price ratio on the whole VGA card market at the moment, especially now when many retailers are selling out all the 6xxx series cards to make way for the 7xxx series. Nvidia don't have anything at the same price range with the same performance, the closest you will get -price wise- is the geforce gtx 550ti and that card doesn't hold a candle to the 6850, no contest. I could run most settings at high with a few set to medium. After the patch, it will most likely run even better. You can't go wrong if you're on a tight budget.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I've had the Sapphire 6850 (sold my old rig) and I have to say the 6850 might have the best fps/price ratio on the whole VGA card market at the moment, especially now when many retailers are selling out all the 6xxx series cards to make way for the 7xxx series. Nvidia don't have anything at the same price range with the same performance, the closest you will get -price wise- is the geforce gtx 550ti and that card doesn't hold a candle to the 6850, no contest. I could run most settings at high with a few set to medium. After the patch, it will most likely run even better. You can't go wrong if you're on a tight budget.
Thank you for your response. Since this model is factory OCed i am sure it will run even better than yours. CoD is only game that my old 9800 could not handle amd if i was to buy more expensive graphics card i had to know for sure.

I will be buying it in 2 weeks and i sincerely hope that the promissed graphics patch will arive before i get it so i can enjoy CoD with nice graphics finally
Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palker4 View Post
Thank you for your response. Since this model is factory OCed i am sure it will run even better than yours. CoD is only game that my old 9800 could not handle amd if i was to buy more expensive graphics card i had to know for sure.

I will be buying it in 2 weeks and i sincerely hope that the promissed graphics patch will arive before i get it so i can enjoy CoD with nice graphics finally
Glad to be of service and yes that factory overclock will most likely increase performance further. If the performance patch will do what the devs have said it would do you won't need anything more than a 6850.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

I came to ask the same question. Thanks for the thread!