Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Very cool vid's. Thank you for putting the time in. S!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

10/10 for the video. another great job!

i will just comment, that his video shows probably the worst thing about COD graphics at the moment, being that, the terrain looks like it was painted with crayons under certain lighning circunstances.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupsised View Post
Already done that, check the first page I did a whole test to see which was faster, since I'd heard the same as you, but it turns out ailerons neutral gets you out of the spin almost twice as quick as ailerons into the spin. I did it fairly scientifically too, it's all on the first page

EDIT: Here's the post again to save you trawling through. When I say 'Your way' I mean neutral ailerons, 'My way' is ailerons in to the spin:

Hi Kupsised

I have tried both right and left spins with ailerons against, neutral, with, all the results are quite similar. Out of spin within some 2 turns. It 'seems' that ailerons against makes things worse.

The spin is very much aircraft dependent and for spit, if ailerons have very few effect at low speed, they can be considered non effective at all.

For other aircrafts such as light aerobatic a/c I have read that ailerons 'against' tend to transform the spin into a flat spin and vice versa (from flat spin to spiraling with ailerons into the turn).

The flat spin is worse but it seems that the spitfire cannot do it as modeled now. And BTW we'll have soon or later an aerobatic ac into the game hence we'll be able to check that with this one hopefully.

See you.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1981 View Post
Hi Kupsised

I have tried both right and left spins with ailerons against, neutral, with, all the results are quite similar. Out of spin within some 2 turns. It 'seems' that ailerons against makes things worse.

The spin is very much aircraft dependent and for spit, if ailerons have very few effect at low speed, they can be considered non effective at all.

For other aircrafts such as light aerobatic a/c I have read that ailerons 'against' tend to transform the spin into a flat spin and vice versa (from flat spin to spiraling with ailerons into the turn).

The flat spin is worse but it seems that the spitfire cannot do it as modeled now. And BTW we'll have soon or later an aerobatic ac into the game hence we'll be able to check that with this one hopefully.

See you.
Thanks for the reply! I don't really have much experience or knowledge regarding aerobatics, so that certainly would be interesting. Otherwise with the spit, I found that ailerons neutral got me out of the spin around 2 seconds quicker than any other way, although that might have just been luck as to how the spin was going, but I'll keep that way as for me two seconds could be the difference between smashing into the ground and pulling out with room to spare. You're right though, there was no way to change the spin into a flat spin, it either spun faster or came out.

Perhaps it was just luck that I got out quicker if you experienced no change, but then I suppose that that goes with what I originally said, that there was no way in my test to ensure that each spin was exactly the same and it may have just ended up that the ones where I tried aileron neutral were just easier to get out of, even though I entered each spin in exactly the same way there's no way to replicate the same spin exactly six times over.

Either way, call it superstitious, but now that way worked for me once I'll keep doing it until it stops working

Cheers!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

Awesome video - as usual

Really nice for new pilots and I would love if MG added videos like this as tutorials in-game for all planes in the future!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupsised View Post
[...] Perhaps it was just luck that I got out quicker if you experienced no change [...]Cheers!
Superstitious yes I assume that's playing an important role too ...

After enering the spin I have let it be for some time until it was stabilyzed. If you tried exiting in the first turns, there is a very random behaviour of the plane right after it enters the spin for like 3 or 4 turns.

I have let this first time happening and then only made it out. Maybe that's the difference ?

Last edited by jf1981; 02-08-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Hi Freycinet,

you always surprise me with your cool vids. As i wrote earlier, i like them.

And for sure there is always you learn something new.

LC
ASUS GTX 680 TOP
Corsair 16GB RAM
Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas
Saitek Pro Rudder
Track IR 5

SB Audigy 2 ZS