Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
I didn't find any data except for Lorenz blind landing system.
It doesn't appear to be documented.

At this point, I believe only someone with access to the sourcecode could find the proper values. Unless they're in a design document somewhere.

Either way, if someone from Daidalos Team has the time to look into this, it would be most appreciated. Though I do realize other issues have priority.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Approved Member

Maybe I'm missing the point. It might be easier to place if the center of the icon represented the inner marker, which I think is touchdown. Then, placing the object in FMB might require nothing more than making sure that, in 3D mode, the building is off the runway when the inner marker is aligned with touchdown point. If it can't be done, that particular Lorenze can't service that runway.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

I will check with the coder of Lorenz and ILS.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster_Dee View Post
Maybe I'm missing the point. It might be easier to place if the center of the icon represented the inner marker, which I think is touchdown. Then, placing the object in FMB might require nothing more than making sure that, in 3D mode, the building is off the runway when the inner marker is aligned with touchdown point. If it can't be done, that particular Lorenz can't service that runway.
The regular Lorenz has the inner marker 300 meters before the start of the runway, so I don't think that would work.

I would instead suggest a line at the expected runway start. This would also be useful for aligning the Lorenz with the angle of the runway.

Having icons where the outer and inner markers are could also be useful.
If these are combined with objects to represent the markers, they could be placed manually.
This prevents problems with terrain elevation that would occur if the marker objects were part of the beacon model(I.E. floating or underground marker placement).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
I will check with the coder of Lorenz and ILS.
Thank you IvanK. I'm looking forward to finding out.