Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:48 AM
Approved Member

Default Multiple Axis Control?

Fellow Pilots:
My name is Maico and I am an addict. I play almost exclusively IL2 1946. Oh sure, I go into other games and spend time with them. I will allways come back to IL2. Why do I love this sim? Because it is beatiful, challenging and most of all well suported.
So on to my gripe. The one thing I have noticed that is missing on the controls is the ability to assign multiple controls to a single axis controller. I discovered this limitation by playing other sims. I beleive it was COD where I first discovered the joy of multiple assingments. i.e. I can asign a trim wheel to say... Rudder. Now here is the part that is missing in IL2 I cant assign the same Wheel+Shift to Aileron. In COD I had the same wheel to Rudder trim(normal) Aileron trim(Wheel+Shift) Fuel Mix(Wheel+Ctrl).
My question is, can this be implemented? While we are here, can we address the 4 input source limitation? I would like to add several pieces of hardware to this sim but cant. I hear this a lot from other simmers. I beleive that many would benefit if we could get rid of this in the sim..
Sorry about the long post and thanks for your support.
GSkil DDR3 1600x8Gigs
EVGA GTX580
Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maico View Post
While we are here, can we address the 4 input source limitation? I would like to add several pieces of hardware to this sim but cant. I hear this a lot from other simmers. I beleive that many would benefit if we could get rid of this in the sim..
+1

In the mean time you might find YaDeLi useful for the axes of devices beyond the first 4 and Autohotkey for their buttons.

Artist
Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

Hey thanks.
Can I use Autohotkey to assign buttons to a Microsoft Force Feedback stick?
GSkil DDR3 1600x8Gigs
EVGA GTX580
Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maico View Post
Can I use Autohotkey to assign buttons to a Microsoft Force Feedback stick?
Sure: you can use Autohotkey to define what will happen when you press a button of a Microsoft Force Feedback stick. The most simple example would be: assign something like Ctrl+Alt+Shift+'b' to a function in IL-2 (e.g. "Flaps down"). Then write a Autohotkey-script in which you send Ctrl+Alt+Shift+'b' whenever you press button #8 on your stick (see This Post for an example). It can get much more sophisticated once you've worked yourself into Autohotkey.

Artist
Old 01-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Approved Member

This could be the answer to all my needs. Let me just say that the best joystick in the world is the Microsoft Force Feedback 2 USB. The late king was put to rest when the creator decided they would no longer update the software. No software update was issued for Win7.
I would love to bring mine out of retirement. I am curently running a Warthog. Nice stick but the ffb is really missed.
Thanks for all this. I will be on that stuff like white on rice. I am leaving work early today to work on this.

Very exciting day!

Maico
GSkil DDR3 1600x8Gigs
EVGA GTX580