Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

FYI SMAA works too and doesnt blur everything as much because it only works on edges.

I couldnt get the newer FXAA to work in DX10 (the old one does though) so I guess it doesnt work unless your using DX9, where as this SMAA works in any DX9/10/11 version.

Not sure if both were working at the same time but I was also able to start with both SMAA and the older FXAA installed at the same time.

http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html

Last edited by FS~Phat; 01-09-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
FYI SMAA works too and doesnt blur everything as much because it only works on edges.
Agreed

Quote:
I couldnt get the newer FXAA to work in DX10 (the old one does though) so I guess it doesnt work unless your using DX9, where as this SMAA works in any DX9/10/11 version.
I had the same problem.. thought I did something wrong.. than I noticed the DX10 files missing from the latest FXAA dl

Quote:
Not sure if both were working at the same time but I was also able to start with both SMAA and the older FXAA installed at the same time.
Never tried that yet..

On that note, I made a JSGME version of injectSMAA and posted here in this fourm, here is the link

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28978
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

I tried it, my old eyes can't see much difference, if any in the game.. and the examples in the films provided do show difference and some clips and snapshots form actual games show slight diffrences, but all-in-all, my eyes are too old to tell such diffrences in games (sims). I tried to check the fps while flying by comparing the fps with and without (DX10 mode) injector. I really am not sure, as I can't tell any differences,, I would have to crunch numbers to find out if it is doing anything worthwhile with my fps and my eyes...

alos, even though I read about Steam, and whther or not it is safe to use when in Steam servers... I offer nothing except that anyone interested needs to go through all the links they find and read about whther or not it's safe to use in such servers..

It does look like a nice tool (and easy to use)... and am keeping it, just in case i find out it's a keeper... my jury is still out,,, main reason, I really don't percieve differences while flying while using it...
but again, my old eyes are going bad,,, what with catatracts, glaucoma,, though I have had an operation on one eye and I take meds for the other.. I am not blind, by any means,, but watching things happen in micro seconds is hard to do even with the best eyes..

Thanx to all for keeping us informed on the goodies we can use to make the sim experience better..

EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 Video Graphics ard
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
Cooler Master HAF 922
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
46" Samsung LCD HDTV
Win8 x64

Last edited by ramstein; 01-11-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstein View Post
alos, even though I read about Steam, and whther or not it is safe to use when in Steam servers... I offer nothing except that anyone interested needs to go through all the links they find and read about whther or not it's safe to use in such servers..
On that note..

Based on a post at the STEAM forums, i.e.

STEAM on Can Subpixel Morphological Anti-Aliasing be whitelisted?

Where it was said wrt SMAA & FXAA injectors..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slerio
Steam Support answered me Now . He said its Entirely safe . even if this uses a dll ( i can copy the email or print it to a image if you want ) just pm me
But read the whole thread (3 pages) and decide for yourself.. If you decided to try out one of the 'many' SMAA & FXAA injectors you may be interested in the following..

JSGME FXAA and SMAA utils

Where I used JSGME to combine the current crop of injectors into one package, which allows you to try out each one separately to see which one you like best

Enjoy