Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 08-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Old_Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedLynch View Post
You changed the conf in the 1CSoftClub folder, right?

Other than that, what about changing the channels directly in windows?
I tried changing in 1CSoftclub folder, yes. Reversing stereo in windows is a possibility alright but it would be a pain if it had to be changed back every time. FB has a reverse stereo option in the audio menu and it neatly solved a similar problem. Will wait a bit longer for more ideas before making a formal request to the developers.

OC
Old 08-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

Question Windows XP and DX10

I see from some posts that some of us are having trouble running DX10 for the game, from what I can find DX10--11 are "Vista--Win 7"" exclusive and won't run successfully in "XP". So even if you have a Graphics card that says "DX10 Compatible" and have it installed with an XP system you will only have DX9 available. If i have the understanding of this wrong please correct me.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

You should be absolutely correct there. Yhe game does not support dx11 right now anyway, so the conf should have dx10_0 or dx9 in it (sorry not sure what the correct line for dx9 is).
I tried setting it to dx10_1, not good, artifacts in game, same if I set it to dx11, though dx11 should come at some point since someone found folders for that somewhere in the game's directory. dx11 should actually give an improvement as well since you can do more with each pixel more economically.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Approved Member

I'm Gonna make my own based review from this game, I buy this game with 80% of discount, becouse I read a lot of critics about this new simulator.

First, My machine is:

Amd 250x2 @3.6 ghz
2gb ram ddr2
Hd4850 521mb
19" Screen (max resolution: 1280x1024)

This is my first time playing COD. When I enter in COD by first time, I try to adjust every setting to make run the game in the best possible way.

When I choose the battle and enter to the flight for the first time, this have a lot of stuttering, I only choose a map over the sea with 4 planes!!, Well after 2 minutes of constant stuttering, I can fly properly with a little lag.

After 5 minutes fighting, then the game fridge, I close the game and start all the process again. I choose the same scenary, and past 5 minutes again, and the game fridge again!!!

I feel if I was playing a beta with 50% of progress, this sim need a long way of work, and then I read from luthier where this game gonna receive less priority...

Well at least I lost 10 dolars, I feel really bad, becouse I love the ww2 sims and the entire Il-2 saga.

Excuse my English.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:44 AM
Approved Member

No offense but your system hardly meets the minimum requirements.
Your video card is 3 generations behind and almost 4years old. Can I suggest you wait for the new beta graphics engine and try again. It is likely you will need an upgrade including more system ram to properly appreciate this simulation.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
No offense but your system hardly meets the minimum requirements.
Your video card is 3 generations behind and almost 4years old. Can I suggest you wait for the new beta graphics engine and try again. It is likely you will need an upgrade including more system ram to properly appreciate this simulation.
I dont think so, the software is too poorly optimized, my vga still can run every game at max settings with my configuration, so that is not the problem, by that logic, only high-end pcs user could run this sim? graphics are not too amazing for me.

but the new engine come whith the new game right?

And waht about the memory leak? and crash?

Last edited by SturmKreator; 12-25-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Approved Member

Nope, new engine comes with free patch, and you will need to upgrade your ram and video card to at least 4gb ram and 1gb vram
Old 12-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmKreator View Post
I dont think so, the software is too poorly optimized, my vga still can run every game at max settings with my configuration, so that is not the problem, by that logic, only high-end pcs user could run this sim? graphics are not too amazing for me.

but the new engine come whith the new game right?

And waht about the memory leak? and crash?
Yes the game is still being optimised but your system barely meets minimum requirements. The new engine will be released as a no charge patch but not all the new features will be available until the new sequel (can't believe im saying this again!)

Do any of you actually read the forum rules for not posting about things that have already been answered?

It wouldn't take you more then 5 secs to search for "minimum requirements" and see that you barely have what it takes to run this sim. You will need at least a 1GB vram GPU and minimum 4GB system Ram is recommended.

Please see below and you would be well advised to take this advice and run along and not cause any trouble by arguing with a moderator that has offered you some friendly advice.

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® 7 / Vista SP2 / Windows XP SP3
PROCESSOR: Pentium® Dual-Core 2.0GHz or Athlon™ X2 3800+ (Intel Core i5 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 2.6GHz recommended)
RAM: 2GB (4GB recommended)
VIDEO CARDirectX® 9.0c compliant, 512Mb Video Card (1GB DirectX® 10 recommended) – See supported List*
DIRECT X®: DirectX® 9.0c (included on disc)
DVD-ROM DRIVE: 8X
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible (… recommended)
HARD DISK: 10GB
PERIPHERALS: Mouse, keyboard
MULTIPLAY: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster
An internet connexion is required to activate the game
*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:
ATI® : 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970
NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480
Old 12-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
You will need at least a 1GB vram GPU and minimum 4GB system Ram is recommended.

Not quite true.

I run CloD on the following PC:

AMD x2 240 @2.8GHz
2GB DDR2 Corsair RAM
nVidia GTX260 896MB
On board sound with AC97 codecs
Win XP Pro 32-bit

I do have problems with some kind of memory leak in the sim (will crash if I don't restart inbetween missions), but the sim runs well on medium/ low settings (models on high) even with engagements of 20 or more aircraft over land (but NOT over London!! ).

As you'll notice the other poster you were replying to has a stronger CPU than mine (not sure how his GFX card compares to mine.... I'm not well versed in ATI cards). Needless to say, if he's running Win 7 or Vista with only 2GB RAM he's on a none-starter anyway (I didn't notice him mention an op system in his post).

The problem he's having I would guess is more to do with unrealistic expectations: He needs to spend some time tweaking his in game GFX settings to find the best balance of graphics and performance. If I can do it on my PC I can't see why he can't do it on his (unless he's running Vista or Win 7)
Old 12-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
They would be out of business in 3 days after the launch, because other game genre customers would in no way stomach a game released in a state like CoD.

Not they are doing us a favor by working on a ww2 flight sim, but we are doing them a favor for buying and supporting a game in such a state.

I'm sorry, but I'm sure BoM will be in a similar state at its launch, with tons of bugs and broken features too. And you can quote me on it!

I really-really hope I'll be proven wrong, because i do love ww2 (flight) sims, but.. time will tell

Its pretty clear that u dont play any other types of games out there, if u did u would know that that is hogwash. There are games and developers out there that makes CloD and its state pail in comparison, especially when taking into account what u pay for and what u get for that money.

And to top it of, other game genre customers stomachs a he** of a lot more than the IL2 fan base let me tell u. Most fan bases dont give rats a** as long as they get to kill stuff as suppose to this community that counts rivets and demands stuff that 90% off us never even notice anyways and when they dont get it they start their own personal crusade.

Other game genre developers should (and probably are) counting thire blessings they aint in the flight sim businesses.

So no, u are not doing them any favours, THEY are doing YOU a huge favour by even trying.

BTW. Dont worry, soon u will have forgotten all this because u are having a blast playing CloD and all its sequels, just like with IL2 Sturmovik, trust me.

Last edited by Baron; 12-25-2011 at 09:09 AM.