Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Default All aircraft rolling to right

Every aircraft rolls to the right, aileron trim does absolutely nothing but elevator trim is working. I've got it maped to the trim hat on my Warthog. I tried clearing settings and remaping, calibrated the stick, tried huge deadzones but nothing seems to help. Pulling my hair out on this.

Also I have the Torque and gyro effects disabled so it should not be doing this. Stick works perfect in ROF and DCS:A-10C
Old 12-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Approved Member

I have the exact same problem as Slayer the aircraft pull to the right so i end up flying with my joystick one third of the way over to the left just to stay in a straight line
Does anyone else have this problem ???? P.S. My stick is set perfect and does not have to be pulled to left on any other flight sim i have tried it on

Last edited by darky1; 12-02-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Well this is actually normal
Its because the torque of the propeller.
You can give eight-er a bit of counter aileron or a bit of rudder to compensate.
The latter will have you side slipping a bit but both the solutions or combination thereof cost something in drag.
Its to find the sweet spot if you can you’ll have an advantage over your opponents.
The designer of the planes have already done some of the work for you by positioning the vertical fin out of the longitudinal axis of the plane itself .
But anyhow that only works perfect for just one airspeed.

Cheers

Niels
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the reply NLS61, it doesn't stop me playing this masterpiece of a game at every opportunity i get, but it would be nice to fly straight
Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darky1 View Post
Thanks for the reply NLS61, it doesn't stop me playing this masterpiece of a game at every opportunity i get, but it would be nice to fly straight
Well they the "few" who were flying this prop planes had to cope with it so now so do we.
Flying straigt with out correction ( elevator excluded ) is for gliders and jets.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Update: On my Warthog I found that the screws were coming loose in the bottom and top of the stick , had to take the bottom plate off and the aluminum trim ring and tighten all the black screws on both sides of the stick. They feel nearly stripped out which angers me as I've never had the stick apart before. I still get a tiny bit of roll with gryo effects turned off but at least its playable now.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Approved Member

Nice to hear that you found a partial fix for it!

Unfortunately most fighters have no aileron trim (seems it was so in real life). The Bf109 did not have an adjustable (during flight) trim either.

So most fighters will require constang compensation while flying.

My personal experience with the Warthog stick was it sits too high on my desk and causes considerable strain to my wrist over long flights so, I kept the Warthog throttle and connected again my SW2FFB.
Warthog stick is good for DCS A10-C but nothing healthy will come out of it with CoD, my 2cents...
Oh, I am a devoted Kendo and Aikido student, practicing 2hrs every day so you can assume that my wrists are stronger than the average. It still does not help.

~S~
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

ndeed, as long you not activate the light barrier of the MS FFB the FFB is of and the stick has no centering force. Not much need for trim, just put the stick the way you need to fly level
Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
ndeed, as long you not activate the light barrier of the MS FFB the FFB is of and the stick has no centering force. Not much need for trim, just put the stick the way you need to fly level