Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 01-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Many are using the mod and not seeing the bug either. So it is as is typical for a bug - it only happens sometimes. Post #23 (the post just before yours) confirms the bug is reproducable without the mod. I personally have not seen it with or without the mod,.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

I have two times now experienced +30 to my max mana, one time at level 5, and one time at level 7, it didn´t happen with my previous game, which I played to level 8, I started over because there were no royal snakes...

I didn't notice it when it happened, but first time I tried to load a save game,
that was only two minutes old, and do exactly the same things again, but without getting the extra 30 mana.

I was in the graveyard both times, so it may very well have happened while looting graves?

I will now remove the mana mod, can anybody point me to a cheater so I can reset my mana to normal?

I now have 119 mana at level 7, my first game I had 160 mana at level 26.
Too bad this is happening, it is a very cool idea with this mana mod.
I think it is the mod causing this, because I haven´t seen this happening to anyone not using this mod.

PS I use game version 1.64
Old 01-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

You can try typing "mana -30" in the console but I'm not sure it accepts negative values. I don't think there's any savegame editors out there so the only other option is making a small mod like a consumable item or a script. As far as the bug is concerned it might simply be that no one noticed it during a regular game since they had no reason to. It could be some simple power of suggestion, since they noticed the bug while using a mod that restores mana, the first thing they related it to is the mod. But as someone already mentioned, they've encountered the bug even while not using the mod, so proving that the bug happens while using the mod doesn't really achieve anything, it's like solving only one side of the equation. If you want to be certain that it's a bug in the mod, you have to also be able to prove that the bug can't occur while not using the mod.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Thank you Mana -30 behaved quite funny I got mana 0, but then it started counting up very slowly, but mana 59 fixed it.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman654 View Post
Many are using the mod and not seeing the bug either. So it is as is typical for a bug - it only happens sometimes. Post #23 (the post just before yours) confirms the bug is reproducable without the mod. I personally have not seen it with or without the mod,.

Ok I finally figured it out. The 30 mana is a bug caused by the mod after all.

Duplicate as follows...

1) Hover over the day/time display and often your mana doesn't instantly update. (I usually open up my spellbook and close it and try again, then it works) But in this case we want it to fail to regen your mana.

2) Pick up any pile of coins or chest with gold in it. There needs to be a +gold update to your character because when you did step 1, it updates your max mana +30 instead. You will even see your mana flash briefly same as the gold does when you get gold.

I can replicate this bug at will now. I got in the habit of quicksaving before picking up chests in case the bug occurred so at least I only have about 240 mana at level 28. Still excessive though
Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeomanCC View Post
Ok I finally figured it out. The 30 mana is a bug caused by the mod after all.

Duplicate as follows...

1) Hover over the day/time display and often your mana doesn't instantly update. (I usually open up my spellbook and close it and try again, then it works) But in this case we want it to fail to regen your mana.

2) Pick up any pile of coins or chest with gold in it. There needs to be a +gold update to your character because when you did step 1, it updates your max mana +30 instead. You will even see your mana flash briefly same as the gold does when you get gold.

I can replicate this bug at will now. I got in the habit of quicksaving before picking up chests in case the bug occurred so at least I only have about 240 mana at level 28. Still excessive though
This is confirmed by me also. I can reproduce it at will as well. I didn't know about the open/close spellbook quickfix tho..thx for that. That cuts down on my, "mana -1, mana --previous mana--" routines.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Sorry, have I missed something or there is no version of this mod for 1.7?
If there is, can someone plz direct me to it?

tks
Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

If it works with v1.6.5, it should work with v1.7.0. The versions are essentially the same, barring some minor localization differences. If not, it can be easily modified by copying the modified script lines into your own file.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Sorry, I realized I have to open/close spellbook to make it work. Someone else must have mentioned it. Tks
Old 12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

I cant get this to work with 1.7 - even when opening the spell book

NVM

installed the mod_164_acceleratedmanaregen.zip from this thread page 2 and it works - basically the same issue mentioned - the clock only shows "day X" not time - so the hook wont work!

Last edited by Harakiri; 12-05-2011 at 10:15 PM.