Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Default yesterday on atag...bug?

hey guys...yesterday i had my most successful sortie on atag server..i shot down 8 british fighters and it lasted an estimated hour.it was really fun and intense.however i faced a strange behaviour during that hour...i lost my controls for about 10seconds and it happened twice.the plane didnt react to any inputs i made, except the throttle which was still working.at the first incident i thought that my plane got hit by AAA and i was about to bail out, as my controls suddenly went back.so i continued the hunt.i was really lucky as i shot the most planes down with the first pass, but i also engaged in some really tense dogfights.it was really cool and addictive.but unfortunately this strange (bug?) happened again while i was in the middle of a turn with a spit on my 12.the plane didnt respond anymore and i went into a stall.i also noticed during the loss of control, that the cockpit seemed to change its surface to an really blurry low quality image.the game switched between the normal graphics and the blurry ones again and again in a pace of a second i think, and it continued until i crashed into the channel.

i experienced that bug a while back already, a month or two ago.but it happened so rarely that i didnt consider it worth a report.but as i already stated, yesterday it happened twice, and it was really annoying cause i knew that i would have ended that sortie successfully and shot down the 9th fighter, if there wasnt that bug.

im pretty sure that this is not a problem with my joystick, which works great, and never shows any control losses when i play offline.after my unintentionally bath in the channel, i also immediately looked at the ch control mangager software calibration screen, to see if there is any problem with my fighterstick, but everything is just as it should...it works perfect.
the strange graphics abnormities which occured simultaniously support my suspicion, that it is infact a bug of the game...but it seems to be related to online gaming only, as i never experienced something similar when playing offline.

has anybody experienced something similar???is it possible that this problem is connected to internet connection?can it be a server problem?

EDIT: i forogt to mention, that before the first control loss, while i was observing the english coast, my screen suddenly went black, but i could still hear the sound.so i thought that someone shot me, and killed my pilot with the first burst, so i hit the esc button, to respawn.that lead me to my tesktop.i then hit alt tab to switch back to the game, where i surprisingly found out that i was still alive and healthy

Last edited by David198502; 11-06-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

I've never had something just like that, but I often lose my rudder input when flying online (= ATAG).
It is not so bad and I just keep flying until I am able to alt tab twice to restore it. It doesn't happen offline though.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

mh could be...but i hope not.i will see sooner or later.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

thx cheesehawk