Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 10-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

I do think Buzard has a point. It's not something I would really pin on 1C but games being developed as a whole these days. With todays technology and the size of our hard drives, they could really make some kick butt games that blow away what was made 10 years ago. Unfortunately thats not the case, games being made now have way less content then in the past, they just have the eye candy. Its all part of the new business model where content is limited or held back on purpose to fill up the coffers with DLC 2 weeks later. Again, I'm not saying that's the case here, just the trend. Men of Peace, if you or the other modders weren't able to hack together the GEM editor for this game, then I would have been forced to shelve it 2 days after purchase. Luckily, enough of us made our wishes known for the editor and 1C has responded, so kudos to 1C there. If for some reason mods couldn't have been hacked or the GEM editor wasn't coming out, I wouldn't have thought this game was worth the price. As far as replayability, I am still playing stuff that came out 10 years ago because it was chock full of content and good stuff. Just not really the case these days.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
BUZARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
if you or the other modders weren't able to hack together the GEM editor for this game, then I would have been forced to shelve it 2 days after purchase.
Thx Force 10 that kind of sums up my entire point 2 days for a new game is just ridiculous!.

Men of peace,, I concentrated on the negative because that is the issue here and its also the title of my thread!,, the rest of the game is absolutely great.

I haven't come on here to start a war, but,, most responses i have had are from people telling me why this game dosent need any replay modes, this is still a computer game at the end of the day that is supposed to be for entertainment, so here's my bottom line dude:- short term entertainment is good,, long term is better.

When the editor comes out yes i will try and actively do something to change it,, this is what makes PC games better than others for me but,, people do need to complain when something is not right!,, the anarchists and the protesters and those that speak out in this world are the ones that plant the seeds for change!

Peace out!