Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScream View Post
Who the hell designed this piece of crap ?

This has to be the most pathetic attempt at a so called war simulation. Everything is broken in this game. Flanking doesn't work, ranges don't work, rear attacks don't work, vision ranges don't work, the cpu can stomp you with only 2 crappy tanks even though you have 3 AT's and 2 tanks, nothing.

What's the story with the developers, do they have personal problems or something ? It's just amazing, I mean everything from my units misses, but the opponent hits everything .... and guess what ? even if he is MILES AWAY out of his weapon range. Isn't the range a deciding factor in hit probability ? What about unit cover ? WHAT COVER ??

Well, I guess when the opponent destroys a tank which is BEHIND A FREAKING HILL, realism is what comes in mind first. Pathetic, and what is more pathetic is that I paid good money for this excuse of a game. And people jump up like crazy debating that Company of Heroes is way behind MoW. Yeah right, at least that game offers what it WAS SUPPOSED TO OFFER.

Pathetic.
In my hours and hours of playing this game I have had all those things happen to me many times. How about a medium Tank taking 6 or 7 side shots from a Tiger, oh man! that can be frustrating. This game has bugs, not because it's broke but because there is so much going on. COH is a fun game and has some real replay value. I don't play it any more but I do have it. This game will kick your butt fairly and sometimes unfairly(like other games) and it's up to the gamer to figure out how to beat it. It's one of my FAVORITE WW2 RTS games along with SHoWW2, FoW, and MoW. You already paid for it maybe you should give it some more time. If nothing else there are some cool mods and this game is so tweakable!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Your problem with the game could be because you are looking at the game as a war simulation. Well, it is not. This is real time tactics, meaning: in order to kill a tank you need to make sure: 1. your gun has enough penetration, 2. you have a proper round loaded (HE shell doesn't kill tanks, unless it is really big).3. your target is in range, 4. you aim at the right spot on the tank (some tanks have weak spots, but in general flanking situation it is best to aim at the engine). Common mistake is driving head on too close to the enemy tank and for flanking to work you need to make sure your tank is not spotted by the enemy infantry coz all enemy units communicate.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Well, if he is playing singleplayer for some reason then its true that AI has units with better parameters or at least it appears to be so, not to mention overwhelming amount of replenishing forces.

In multiplayer however, and I believe thats how its meant to be played, I didnt encounter any sort of serious bug whatsoever except japanese mortar truck failing to move when ordered. Thats something given that there are but a few strategy games that surpass MoWAS in the amount of details and the depth of gameplay. This is one of the best games if not the best I've played.

OP: if you were talking about multiplayer just learn to play properly or go back to CoH or other arcade games.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
its true that AI has units with better parameters or at least it appears to be so
Enemy AI unless playing heroic, is always far worse then player units in all regards.
Closed Thread