Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Everybody knows that the new mods are done by people based on a feeling on how it should be. So maby the Italian guns are way to weak, but the modder has no way of knowing how it really should be...if they are infact to weak to begin with, who knows?
Really funny....you seem to know ............nothing in this matter............ no, it is not based on feeling, but simply on easy available datas, on the net or in books..... datas for ammo are not so hard to find... like caliber, weight, initial speed, (so, easy to compute kinetic energy) and compare between real life and game....and also type of power, amount of power and so on...... easy to calculate and correct. Just datas and values.
Values for italian or romanian weapons (by example) were clearly wrong in game....

For 0.50, i did'nt modify the power of weapon or ammo, just put only API on the belt, no more.... and.... BTW, no, they where not undermodelled kinetic energy was little bit too big....

After, they are datas and values in the game..... you just have to compare real datas with game's datas and correct..... quite simple. And no feeling at all....

Last edited by uf_josse; 01-01-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodguy88 View Post
So how do you like the soundmod? Don't lie.
I haven't used it as I said.. do you really think that I GAF about you or anyone else's opinion of me and what I do with this sim to the point where I would lie about it? Get over yourself chump. I could care less what you think about me ..... I see you still haven't found that fence.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Raven while I understand how you feel whatever credibility your argument may have had was rendered DOA by your post and this intro Not to mention the content...

This has to stop. This does absolutely nothing to create a solution. We all need to take this level of acrimony from both sides and stow it because it changes absolutely nothing. The problem has been hashed rehashed and has not nor will it change. If any of the folks from either side who say with their mouths that the care about this sim then they need to get off the dead end trip and get on a solution mindset because as I have sauid from day one.. the modders arent going anywhere.. and unless some form of secure online play can be regained the nomodders wont be budging either. The ONLY solution is a fix.. so concentrate on that.. in the meantime rehyashing the problem is childish, pointless, stupid and totally useless.
BC Please Get off your high horse and refrain from preaching to me.
Ending your post by calling me a child. Is uncalled for.

DOA or not.. fact is I don't candy coat the truth..

Nuff said.

I wont get In a public pissing match check your PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
I am a little weary of the constant refrain that the mods have zotzed the sim forever for online. How can the the people who enjoy "Med Air War" and "Over Flanders Fields" play online if their massively modded items can't exclude non-regulation mods from servers? As I understand from the MAW forum, anybody trying to play with unofficial mods on their MAW program gets automatically plinked by the server, and they warn people to keep their personal copies of MAW with their own fixes separate from their online version. ...
Burn the witch !

Ratsack
Old 01-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVe View Post
BC Please Get off your high horse and refrain from preaching to me.
Ending your post by calling me a child. Is uncalled for.

DOA or not.. fact is I don't candy coat the truth..

Nuff said.

I wont get In a public pissing match check your PM.
OK... but I am on no high horse.. and I get sick and tired of people telling me to get off my high horse because I think all the name calling and silliness from both sides over all this has gone on for too long. If that puts me on some kind of high horse then where does that leave the folks who can't discuss this situation in a more adult manner. Not only that.. I feel your pain and I have nothing but props for you Raven... Your WWI server is one of the most fun around and you have been a longstanding rememeber of the UBI community since before I got there.. but liking you and having respect for you does not mean that your $hite dont stink.. I have had people call me out when I had my head up my @ss and, not that I am saying you have ours there.. LOL.. I don't want to compound things... seriously.. but le6s fafce it man... those kinds of comments have been going on long enough on this and we need to move on.

Last edited by Bearcat; 01-01-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
LMFAO you sound surprised you got a ban for posting that? Are you trying for a new record,first banned at ubi,now AAA,where next?
Raven should try fragdolls next. He's got talent. Really.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratsack View Post
Burn the witch !

Ratsack

Actually this whole situation is more like this.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Actually this whole situation is more like this.

ROFLMAO!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVe View Post
In response to there new post..>> http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1946

I replied and was ban

"Great job ...
The sad thing is most all(NOT ALL) of you are arcade flying noobs. You don't know better.

This isn't counter strike, or half life, or rainbow 6 they all are for 11 year old kids now due to mod fools support.

Are you trying for improving on the Sim? Or to feed your ego and make $ ...
by letting the cat out of the bag.
you have opened Pandora's box.......

You have trashed this Sim ."

I got ban for that.. Censorship again
Your ban - might just have something to do with calling everyone there idiots dont ya think...?

And nice EDIT for this place with the "(NOT ALL)", and "Are you trying for improving on the Sim? Or to feed your ego and make $ ...
by letting the cat out of the bag.
you have opened Pandora's box......." thing...

Quote:
Great JOB IDIOTS
great job the sad thing is most all of you are arcade flying noobs.
so you dont know better.
this isnt counter strike or half life.

you have trashed this sim you fools
Considering it was your FIRST post there, and without fail, tried to provoke it. Personally I am not surprised with a ban being inforced.

If people just deliberatly try to provoke, or stir, dont be surprised that you get banned from anywhere. Keep your name calling to yourself, and elsewhere.

In addition to this, why continue stirring this crock-pot full of sh!t anyway? Its just getting boring, and really isnt achieving anything....

Last edited by RAF_Magpie; 01-02-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
BTW, clown, I have a degree in Military History, do you? Or Oleg Maddox? Again.......thought not!

DerAlte
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

So you have a piece of paper and I am a clown.

BIG FREAKIN' DEAL

Is this where I get down and bow to you again?

I tell you one thing IMHO mate. For a bloke that has this almighty degree (from a uni I am supposing), you have an interesting perspective on things.

Oh and for once you are right. This humble CLOWN does not have a degree in military history. Man, now I feel so low and shameful without a piece of paper that I might just crawl away and hide with the rest of the unknowing, unworthy vermin.

I will tell you something else that most other people probably already realise. There are doctors, lawyers, engineers, professionals (and for that matter tradesmen) of all types that have degrees, diplomas, trade certificates and a heap of other pieces of paper to their name. This DOES NOT guarantee that they know what they are on about. As a matter of fact I have encountered many of the above over the years that, although they too have a piece of paper, I wouldn't let them anywhere near me or even my dog for that matter.

So I am happy to be a clown then. At least I get a big red nose, fuzzy hair, rediculous clothes and big floppy boots.

You can just sit snugly with your piece of paper and feel all warm and fuzzy in the belief that this has placed you on this great gold leafed pedestal. If you think that having a piece of paper automatically entitles you to look down on those that don't and automatically makes your opinion correct while theirs are null and void. Then my friend, you have a fair bit of learning to go yet. The paper means that you passed a certain mark. It does not automatically make you an instant guru. I hope that with a degree as a foundation, you can over time become a wise man filtering though the garbage, learning and contributing back into your chosen profession. This way you can eventually pass on more accurate knowledge to someone else with a degree, or maybe even those without one. Oleg has contributed a hell of alot I believe to the best of his knowledge, budget and time restraints. There are others that obviously are capable of improving the sim and I am sure, have the best intention. It still costs Oleg to take these blokes on. Even if he doesn't pay them directly and they do it for free. It costs Oleg time, resources and money to review the things submitted. Maybe Oleg should look at a way to have a portal with someone to filter through the submissions; Then you have a trust problem with the code. I don't have a perfect answer to this debacle as proper legit mods would certainly boost the interest in the community and I would even be happy to pay for a well put together legitimate mod.

Oh and thanks. I sincerely wish you and your family well in the new year also.

Last edited by strewth; 01-02-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Closed Thread