Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf_josse View Post
Saddly, it isn't necessary to have the sound mod to perform this kind of cheat.... Qtim's available tools (available since long time) are enough...

Anyone can access java classes with Qtim's tools can very easily tweak weapons...... it is not so new.

AAA and Wasy are probably for nothing in this case.

Weapons or FM swapping are very saddly 2 of the most easier things to modify.

What is really hard is to make a good and accurate tweaking.... but the thing seen in your tracks is easy to done..... too much easy for everyone has bad intentions.

I effectively try to tweak some weapons for more accuracy (like Breda or 13.2 browning for IAR 81A) i don't agree at all with use of widly exagerated weapons.

Not my way. I never diffuse tools or method how to do that.
that is a nice principle to work under, but sadly what will ruine the online world is people using the exact same method but to make exagerated superman weapons, and there is no way to stop them or detect them.

btw how do you know you are making it more realistic and accurate ? for example with fixing the ".50 cal problem" (where many people for a long time have complained it isnt as effective as it should be), do you only look for errors in the il2 code, or use % increase in weapons damage rate ?

and one unwanted side effect, even if the hack is used to fix errors with the best intentions, the problem is still that people can use those "fixes" to fly online on full real servers with checksum 2 enabled, and they are not prevented from joining, and other users are using a less effective ammunition even if it is the same loadout
Old 12-30-2007, 04:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
dont flatter yourself, the AAA forum is only a small part of the problem, there is many more like it.

the reason that some posters in this thread kept kicking AAA is because a few lost AAA sheep like yourself kept pretending in this thread that there was no way to cheat online with the soundmod hack, and that the hacking problem wasnt ruining the online full real community.

What I have found quite interesting from all these posts is the many many ways one can cheat without even using the "sound mod". Apparently they are all "approved cheats" because the Il-2 code wasn't hacked in developing them...
Old 12-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

zapatista (to uf_josse)::
Quote:
that is a nice principle to work under, but sadly what will ruine the online world is people using the exact same method but to make exagerated superman weapons, and there is no way to stop them or detect them.

btw [By the way -- ed. LEXX] how do you know you are making it more realistic and accurate ? for example with fixing the ".50 cal problem" (where many people for a long time have complained it isnt as effective as it should be), do you only look for errors in the il2 code, or use % increase in weapons damage rate ?

and one unwanted side effect, even if the hack is used to fix errors with the best intentions, the problem is still that people can use those "fixes" to fly online on full real servers with checksum 2 enabled, and they are not prevented from joining, and other users are using a less effective ammunition even if it is the same loadout
Correct, those would be Online cheaters, but not uf_josse, infiltrating the anonymous public servers until Oleg fixes the hole -- or he moves beyond to BoB And Beyond.

Last edited by LEXX; 12-30-2007 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkervision View Post
What I have found quite interesting from all these posts is the many many ways one can cheat without even using the "sound mod". Apparently they are all "approved cheats" because the Il-2 code wasn't hacked in developing them...
there you go with your illogical thought patterns again.

yes, previously some cheats existed (some were obvious like the "print screen" lag trick, others less obvious like switching off an overheating engine to instantly cool it).

no, that isnt the same as now with the soundmod hack opening the whole FM and DM of aircraft with notepad and cutting and pasting new munitions to make uber planes.

is the difference really that hard to understand that you need strangers on the internet to point it out to you ?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
btw how do you know you are making it more realistic and accurate ? for example with fixing the ".50 cal problem" (where many people for a long time have complained it isnt as effective as it should be), do you only look for errors in the il2 code, or use % increase in weapons damage rate ?
Hummm, for answering and clarify my work, i work directly in java code of the game...

Weapons have allready really usefull and good choosen properties, like weight, speed, type of munition, type of power, ability to penetrate and so on..... game engin is really well done for weapons.

When i had a look, i compare many things to doc (books, net and so on).

For example..... did you know that IAR81A used same 303 as the spit and MG131 in game?

Did you know that HS129 antitank guns had no APCR rounds ?

I manage to modify mg131 to have FN-browning 13.2 with accurate datas... no more (impossible at this stage to put FN-Browning in 7.92 instead 303 because it impact other planes, like spitfire and i don't modify in FM because i don't want to give more possibilities to cheat at those to download my mods..so, probably never put 7.92 on IAR-- sad).

Mg151/15 had no explosive shells... i gave it, but much less powerfull than mg151/20)

For the .50, i don't modify power of weapon or munition, just modify belting to have API and APIT.... no more.

Put APCR rounds for HS129 mk101 and BK37, change ROF to accurate values (160 rpm for BK37 and 230 for MK101)

Breda where dramaticaly too weak...... they were surely much less powerfull like .50, but..... not so that it was in game.... they are actually circa 40% weaker with my mod, seem to me not exagerated and corresponding to real datas.(power at muzzle was circa 10000 joules IRL and much less in game.... 0.50 had 0.97g of chemical charge, and HE breda 0.88g...

it was not the case in game for the breda. I made the rectification.

Had also the 1.17 g of chemical charge in MG131 HE, like in real life and so on...

I do no more, no less.... (BTW, i have patched my MG151/15 mod that was too strong).

SO, it isn't empirical method, just change game values when needed....

I surely don't touched anything if it was just matter on some details, but.... they are no details, just enormous differences, and strangely in wide majority of cases, for only one side.... so, i decided to make some rectifications.... i am perhaps little bit wrong for some weapons, but i sincerely think much less than original game....

Now, if you fire at short distance and with some angle, you can flamme a fw190, you can also in same conditions shoot down a spitfire with a folgore..... just as seen in guncam footages... it was often that the users of my mods said to me....

I work exactly as described in this post. and i don't want affect FM or DM, no ability to do that ..... and don't think it is a good idea.

Btw, i think a way can be find between modders and "pure-onliners"

It seems that many guys would (me too) that 4.09 final should be let clean and unmodded..... but it is sure that need polite and civilized dialog, not flamming as seen everywhere......

I am allready convinced, but, peoples need to speak and not to entranchend each side in his own bunker.....

Last edited by uf_josse; 12-30-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
there you go with your illogical thought patterns again.

yes, previously some cheats existed (some were obvious like the "print screen" lag trick, others less obvious like switching off an overheating engine to instantly cool it).

no, that isnt the same as now with the soundmod hack opening the whole FM and DM of aircraft with notepad and cutting and pasting new munitions to make uber planes.

is the difference really that hard to understand that you need strangers on the internet to point it out to you ?
actually my logic is impecable zap it's your's that needs a major tunup bud-dy. Cheating is cheating no matter what devices you use to accompolish it...

an anology. You are taking a test and you cheat by first writing the answers on a small paper and hide it in your shoe which you use during the test. Another person HACKS the schools computer and rewrites his test score to show an "a" What is the difference?

apparentky your the person that needs a stranger to point out your arguments logical fallacies..

Last edited by stalkervision; 12-30-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

One can cheat whatever way one wants and apparently there is a boatload of ways to cheat ALREADY.

Cheating is still cheating......
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

uf_josse,

thx for the explanation.

crazy-ivan a couple of weeks ago said something indicating that increasing/decreasing the weapons effect wasnt as simple as only editing the weapons files, but needed to be balanced with individual plane damage models (ivan, correct me if i am wrong)

is that something you take into account ?

and lastly, some weapons problems like .50 cal issues we have been waiting a long time to get fixed, and since oleg stated he isnt fixing problems in 1946 anymore, can you make those fixed weapons profiles available to oleg for inclusion in the final 4.09 update ?

oleg can then let his own people do some brief tests to confirm the "fix" is working realistically, which shouldnt take them much time if you have done all the hard work already.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Yes, it is a great prob and it is clear that much parameters must be taken in account, surely more as i am able to do.... so, i test much and more with a set of "natural ennemies"......

Clearly, no interest to test 0.50 on IL2....... but, i had two plane sets like pacific (zéro, ki61, betty, ki84 and so on) and one for western front (me109, fw, ju88....) and i try to compare my datas and values with ww2 guncams..... and...... result is not so far at them.......

For breda, i used spit, hurri, tomahawks and I16, IL2, lagg3......

I have not modified DM of the planes, because it is not simple and actually too complex for me..... and i know that we can see P51 chasing IL2 on HL but, no interest for me .

My work is surely not perfect, far of that, but it is the best i can do.... i don't think that Oleg can be interested by my work..... he has another things in sight, and don't care, IMHO on weaponry prob in IL2....

All my work is transparent for those that want to know what i do....

Fianlly, my best test is when testers give me an opinion of what they saw in game, comparated to what they saw in documents...... and when they find no great difference....
Old 12-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

That's actually pretty interesting work and by far the best I've seen/read. I wish we could get stuff like that standardized so it wasn't coming from 200 different people and everyone could have the same thing.
Closed Thread