Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

lol you wont have a prob there my rustiness online the blenny's rear gunner is combat ineffective atm ....... see you soon dude!!!

But as the title says any pic request in ant situ we will try and deliver Xbox'ers
Old 08-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Arrow Part one...............

Here you go Crash & Pope......................

January 1st 1945..........Auchon Belgium Base Y29 (Part one)

LT.c J.C.Myer wait's impatiently at readyness..............

Meanwhile, streaking in from south east Wilhelm Hofman 1/JG 26 is flying at tree top level in "Green 8"

Hofman releases his bomb's.....the carnage begins..................

LT.c Myer is rocked by an explosion close to the aircraft park.............

The surprise attack has caught the base napping....Fw190 "Jagdbomber's"
pound the base.....................

LT.c Myer scramble's to get airbourne....he shout's at his wing men to follow..........

Hofman's work is done....the base is ablaze...he slam's the throttle hard for home............

LT.c Myer is joined by LT A.Drew.....the hunt for the enemy begins........

LT.c Myer turns to port and is stunned to see four Fw190 top cover fighter's bearing down on him..............

LT.c Myer instinctly reverse's his turn, rolls over and is lucky to avoid the 2nd Fw190............

Myer spot's the 3rd Fw190 crossing his path.....split second reaction.....

Pulling hard back on the stick, Myer misses the deck by inches......

Myer guns his Mustang skyward.....the inexperienced LT Drew is on his own...

LT Drew wrestles with the controls to shake of his enemy.......

LT Drew hard on the rudder fails to spot the 4th Fw190 bearing down on him.......

Hauptmann Siegfried rolls down behind LT Drew and takes his shot......

LT Drew's Mustang takes hit's and his engine begins to die........

Hauptmann Siegfried takes aim....presses the gun button...its all over....

LT.c Myer crazy with rage, screams down on Hauptmann Siegfried's Fw190....all guns blazing.......

The range closes as LT Myer rip's into the Fw190's tail.............

Hauptamm Siegfried has no chance...his Fw190's tail brakes off...he does not bail out............

LT.c Myer select's his next target....a long range shot scripple's his enemy.....

LT.c Myer close's in.....revenge is his....Drew was a good kid.........

LT.c Myer show,s no sentiment on this day....they must be stopped.....

Rolling out his dive, Myer see's the last Fw190 going vertical.............

Luck is not on his side this day.....Hauptmann Wagner is hit and his cockpit fills with smoke.......

His Fw190 shudder's and begins to stall..................

LT.c Myer pulls in behind Hauptmann Wagner........the Fw190 explode's......

Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Part two...........

Part two....

Five miles from base....LT Bob Brulle with his flight of P47D's is on a ground attack mission, he listens in on his R/T as the desperate situation unfolds......

LT Brulle orders his flight to ditch the bomb load.... defence of the base is paramount......

Running hard on the deck...a pair of Me109's are heading toward Auchon.....

Oberleutnant Lemke calls Hauptmann Voght on the R/T and directs him to pull up into the American flyer's overhead.....

LT Brulle aims between the pair of Me190's and splits them with a head on pass............

LT Brulle rolls his P47 over and closing at over 800mph passes Oberleutnant Lemke.....the two exchange clances...........

Hauptmann Voght pulls 180dg and closes in on LT Brulle's wingman LT D.Sparks.....

LT Sparks in unaware that Hauptmann Voght is closing on his tail until the bullet's strike his wings..........

Hauptmann Voght rolls down as LT Sparks P47 catches fire....this is Voght's first Kill..........

LT Brulle is locked in a dual with Oberleutnant Lemke... they are both Ace's in this struggle........

LT Brulle see's his wingman's Jug plough into the ground...... LT Sparks was his buddy.....

Relief..!! its LT Sparks hanging in his strap's....he managed to eject his canopy inverted and drop out of his crippled P47...........

Oberleutnant Lemke has pulled away.....Brulle gives chase and cripple's Lemke with a lucky shot.........

Lemke's Me109 is smoking badly.....the damage is done.................

Oberleutnant Lemke's plane level's out....he seems to take no avoiding action....LT Brulle pulls up alongside.....Lemke is slumped at his controls.....

Rolling over inverted, LT Brulle watches Lemke's aircraft do down..... Lemke does not bail out...... the dual is won...........

LT Brulle rolls to port and spot's Voght ........ this Me109 will not get away...

Brulle uses all his skill to turn the tide....Voght is a worthy opponent.....

Voght heads for the deck.....the struggle is real..........

LT Brulle follow's Hauptmann Voght's every move.....his skill is his survival....

Before his eye's..... Hauptmann Voght's Me109 explodes......Brulle just misses the wreckage.........

LT Brulle heads back to base.....he spots an aircraft approaching low over the base............

Its LT.c Myer.....his Mustang is out of ammo....the fight will go on all day....
re-arm and refuel...... the base is a mess but he lands between the bomb craters..........

LT Brulle follow's Myer in.....this day is not done.........

In the remaining 17 weeks of war, the Jagdwaffe struggled to recover from the 1 January operation enough to remain an effective force. In strategic terms, German historian Werner Girbig wrote, "Operation Bodenplatte amounted to a total defeat". The exhausted German units were no longer able to mount an effective defence of German air space during Operation Plunder and Operation Varsity, the Allied crossing of the Rhine River, or the overall Western Allied invasion of Germany. Subsequent operations were insignificant as a whole, and could not challenge Allied air supremacy. The only service in the Luftwaffe capable of profitable sorties was the night fighter force. In the last six weeks of the war, the Luftwaffe was to lose another 200 pilots killed. Werner Girbig wrote, "it was not until the autumn of 1944 that the German fighter forces set foot down the sacrificial path; and it was the controversial Operation Bodenplatte that dealt this force a mortal blow and sealed its fate. What happened from then on was no more than a dying flicker". (Wiki Quote)

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”....Winston Churchill... for all those pilots who fought for what they felt was right.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Excellent work. Thank you kindly.

I didn't realize the P-47 was in the Xbox version. I need to get some flight time online so I can start unlocking some those I have left over before Birds of Steel comes out.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

P47D is only available as download on Playstation Store for PSN.........

Sure you can download it for Xboxer's to I think ?

It comes with a mission set and the ability to carry 2x1000lb and 1x500lb (I think ?)......or 10 rockets......best $10 I know..... Great for (Arcade) CTA...
..... I would be hounded if I used bomb's against the people I fly with (Mainly Realistic)........

Mind you bud......it turns like a bus......takes a load of hits in Realistic to put it down.....but still good fun to fly......
Old 08-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

You're an artist WildBoar! Absolutely brilliant
Old 08-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Wildboar. Your pictures tell the story beautifully, very well done .

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 08-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

nice work!!! knowing those planes fly i know how long it took you to do that...

crashlanding the P47 and Ta 152 are a download that costs $10. you get 4 additional missions for the 47 and they come with all the weapons. neitehr of them fly tremendoulsy great but still worth having. the 47 is nice in strike and CTAs....especially if the crowd you are flying with allows bombing.