Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Default Think You're Running Hot

Originally Posted by alsevillajr

This is a copied post on my original question.

I'm inclined to believe that it may very well be overheating related...I recently stuck a small fan in front to force air into the intake holes... may have helped or delayed the overheating process...I just gerry rigged the same fan and placed it behind the unit, with the fan blowing out...so it creates a vacuum, somewhat Venturi effect inside the enclosed space, mimicking the effect of the aftermarket fan sold by PS3...hope it's as effective or even better...I'll attach photo

As an update to my little gerry rigging...I am very happy to report that it is working quite well in fact. Very, very significant drop in temperature!!!, as compared to just having fan blowing in front.

Does not have to be in an enclosed place like my set up...The trick is use a house fan that you can directly place behind the PS3 unit....FACING AWAY....further drawing the hot air from the exhaust vents...not rocket science

Again, the fan is FACING AWAY from the PS3 unit in the back. So the fan is SUCKING the hot air being blown out of the exhaust vent of the PS3 unit.

Whether it will solve whatever problems I have...I am 110% sure that it is definitely running cooler, which is a good thing irregardless
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (235.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by alsevillajr; 08-23-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Cool

Happy to report...haven't had the "Lag" or delay problems since I implemented home remedy...So I'm pretty convinced... may well been overheating problems IMO

So try it...if anything. a cool chip is a happy chip