Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Nice! Not angry at all - my mod is just a few lines of text in weapons and aircraft ini files to add the cannons, plus a few more in the HurricaneMkII.fmd and Rolls-Royce.emd to provide the uprated Merlin engine. All of the functionality comes from the COD binary/data set itself. I therefore consider this mod public domain - anybody can do whatever they want with it! (As long as it doesn't involve cheating)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

I have flown MK IIc extensively in 1946 and i can tell you that CoD version packs a lot more punch 2 hits are enough to kill a fighter no matter where do you hit it
Old 08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Tried the mod.

Good grief those Hispanos punch like a battle cruiser's broadside.

Sweep through an enemy formation and you'll get two or three without even trying. Wings off, tails off, utter butchery.

Great fun.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

The Hispanos are good but is this realistic?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
The Hispanos are good but is this realistic?
I seriously doubt it! I did make a quick check through the sfs files, and the round information (20mm, HE, round weight and muzzle velocity) seems all to be correct according to the info I can find online.

The 20mm's were capable of disabling light armored vehicles and getting an occasional mobility kill on a tank however.

Nevertheless, I agree that their effect is probably too good to be true and I might try down-tuning this a bit. One factor im not sure if IL2 models is the likelihood of the HE rounds passing right through the aircraft if they didn't hit something substantial enough to crush the impact fuse.

Did anybody try changing the ammunition in the FMB? If so, what change does that make? I will get round to this when I am back from vacation. (Aruba is awesome btw).

Cheers,

Dave.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Check your PM's Dave
Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Difference between the Mk.I and Mk.IIc is a bit more than armament. To fit the larger supercharger of the Merlin XX, the engine housing was expanded and made 4 inches longer. This shifted the center of gravity slightly forward, changing the balance and feel of the plane perceptibly. It became a bit more stable in flight, making it less suited as a fighter, but at the same time made it a better ground attack aircraft.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway

Last edited by Friendly_flyer; 08-09-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Registered Member

Well - what a difference! Just played a quick FMB mission where I set the ammunition from the HE tracer to just armor piercing. The cannons were nowhere near as effective - in fact one could argue they were not much better than the original 8x303 in terms of damage caused by a 1 second burst...