Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 08-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Hi all guys!

I am here because me too i get the same your problems about artefact texture on XP Sp3 .

I was a customer who had follow the 1C Company from first release of IL-2 Sturmovik.

This means that over the years I have bought:

-IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battle
-IL2 Sturmovik APE
-IL2 Sturmovik-PF
-IL2 Sturmovik Collection Edition
-IL2 1946.

and now IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.

Anyway!

If I understand correctly what has been written in the FAQ Forum, and in this Thread, if a customer buy IL2 COD , later, will be forced to buy also OS to 64bit,better if it's Windows 7, because,exact words to FAQ:

...it does not work properly under DirectX-9c.

The COD system spec Operating system was:

Windows® 7 / Vista SP2 / Windows XP SP3
Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core 2.0GHz or Athlon™ X2 3800+ (Intel Core i5 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 2.6GHz recommended)
RAM: DirectX® 9.0c compliant, 512Mb Video Card (1GB DirectX® 10 recommended) – See supported List*
Video card: DirectX® 9.0c compliant, 512Mb Video Card (1GB DirectX® 10 recommended) – See supported List*
Direct X: DirectX® 9.0c or DirectX® 10 (included on disc)
DVD-Rom drive: 8X
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Hard disk: 10GB
Peripherals: Mouse, keyboard (joystick with throttle and rudder control recommended)
Multiplay: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster

*Supported cards at time of release:
ATI® 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970
NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480

If it true ,for how many rounds of words the 1C Company will try to justificate it (like DirectX® 10 recommended), will be like to climb on the mirrors, because it is not acceptable just say:

.....does not work properly on Dx9c.

.........it's just a poor understatement !

It's was more honesty answer:

We apologize for our wrong specifications about OS 32bit, but at the moment, Il2 COD CAN'T run on XP Sp3.
We will try to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

It was perhaps asking too much for customers that have always followed and supported to you?...or (how you say in your language):

Мы не заботимся ..., это является вашим бизнесом, но так или иначе, thx для вашей финансовой поддержки?
We dont care...that's your business,but anyway,thx for your financial support?

In date I have not seen mentioned yet any fix about this huge bug, or the solution will be include an ISO file about Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate OEM in the next patch?

We know that applications DX9 run whit the same perfomance about DX10 ,the last one improve the more effects and/or high details texture ,and very often,whit a cost of lose FPS for more calculation about GPU-CPU (of course!).

This was a generic explain about Direct X but it's work in this way. That's mind if you optimize the engine also for DX9 (how was written to the spec Operating system) IL2 COD will run very well whitout problems also in OS 32bit with minimal loss HD effects like so many others games!

Good Luck and Best Regards .

P.S

If i what just said doesn't prove true I will be happy to apologize to all you writing to great characters it, but otherwise.....you are still failing whit all users customers XP Sp3! ...and belivme,we are still many!

my spec. hardware:

CPU AMD Phenom X2 550 BE 3.8Ghz
4 Gb Ram DDR3 Kingstone Cl_4
GPU gtx560Ti Gainward Golden Simple
Ali Corsair 750Watt GS
OS XP pro Sp3

I believe in the free will ,particularly when i am in the right way! !
by Ltn.F.Baracca

Last edited by Baracca; 08-09-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Angry

I am also very upset.

This is shameful. I do not like people who lies to theirs customers.

Then I have to sell back Cliffs of Dover at a reduce price...

Useless...

A hot warning to all customer. Buy this game only is you have a high top computer...