Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Sometimes the plane will spawn and begin rotating left or right, I believe its called... "Wind"

If your having the problem when hammering the throttle, that's torque, and needs to be countered with rudder.
Exactly. Hangars do not stop wind yet as far as I understand. Wind depends on server settings and can be as strong as 50 m/s. We try to keep wind set almost to 0 at Repka servers (but had some experiments recently with different settings).

Stock game MP missions have high wind setting which gives the effect discussed here.

What servers are you talking about?

Last edited by Ataros; 07-06-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Like cheesehawk says, if the aircraft rotate continuously it's probably a terrain friction bug, but if they turn and stop at a certain point it's a high speed crosswind (they turn into the wind and stop when they become aligned to it).

You can see this on the stock cross country mission if you select a Tiger Moth, it will yaw right and then stop after a while.

As for lockable tailwheels, i haven't yet found any aircraft in the sim that have one but i think it's done on purpose, many aircraft didn't have them in reality either.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Sometimes when i join a server even with il2 1946 i will spawn with a full rudder to the left i think it is, its a intermitant problem that makes my wing drop on take off and hard to keep straight on taxing...the answer is to turn joystick full rudder left and right a couple of time to reset the rudder inline, i still get that silly ground movement thing tho at times
Old 07-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

I have this problem too. No way its wind or engine torque. Its so bad sometimes I have to spin all the way around a few times before I taxi. Like Im on the wheel of misfortune. No amount of wheel brakes, or control input seem to have any effect. And take off is almost impossible while this is happening. Once in the air things seem to get a lot better. Also, Its a problem I have only run into online.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

I had this problem also. Here is what fixed it:

My AXES setting had incorrect mapping under my controls, setting full rudder apparently...i.e. "ghost input"

Look for the rudder trim under the AXES tab and remap it to your desired input. Mine was incorrect. When I went in and re-mapped all was good.

Logitech extreme 3d pro

Also, i have also seen videos where the wind physics were possibly off when on the ground

Last edited by katdogfizzow; 07-25-2011 at 05:43 PM.