Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
i agree, half the time im on the fence because im so disheartened about the whole affair. i have tried to be constructive in so many areas but the patience and energy required has diminished completely. today though im just that bit more sad about it all given the amount of rubbish ive woken upto,

The developers or people who mind this place are at fault and no wonder. It is actually a direct reflection upon the state of the sim. Not to mention the Anarchic nature of the human in times of unhappyness.
I feel your pain Ali, for the most part I've stayed supportive, but the lack of any information is just a slap in the face to those that purchased this sim, I've had enough, fortunately a couple of friends have picked up ROF and we are getting some good times in the Oceanic wing server, Ive got more important things going in life to worry about than the debacle that CoD currently is, has to be one of the worst managed projects Ive ever seen, Luthier should be ashamed.

Just to clarify I can fly this sim, but online with no sound, my issue is with the dissapointing effort to keep people informed about fixes for something that has been paid for, the devs could have found 5 mins to just keep people informed, I still hope that they can get this right, but the silence has me worried I'm afraid.

Last edited by Tiger27; 07-20-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Approved Member

The quality of this forum is based on each person, as an individual and a whole.

The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts . . . in some places its positive, others it's negative.

Charles SWidoll quote ..

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

If they end up dumping the game and just milking the US release for whatever they can, I hope someone leaks the source code, so we can finish it ourselves.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Very good posts late in this thread, thank you Wolverine, Blackdog, Hiro... i concur with almost everything you said.

I also believe strongly what Hiro said about attitude. Is not just if there are reasons or not to whine. Is that I choose not to whine.

I've playing the game online with no sound, and I choose to enjoy it and I did. It helped me understand better a deaf friend I have online, for example. Maybe it made me better virtual pilot, who knows, the important thing is that I was enjoying the moment. When the sound gets fixed, I will be double happy.

Finger pointing at you:
Whinner, Douglas Bader would be ashamed of you! LOL

Thay only thing I disagree with you Wolverine is that you are alone. I just think there are many being silent lately, but they dont make so much noise.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiro View Post

Charles SWidoll quote ..

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
Younger or more spoiled people just do not have balls to take responsibility for their negative Attitude or emotions. They expect something external to happen to make them feel emotionally stable and not upset. That is why they have to ask every day and in every thread give me this or that as if someone owes them something. It is obvious that these posts tell much more about personalities of people writing them than on the subject.

Having read 3-5 posts of each participant it becomes clear which attitude he is coming from: whether he wrights a post with intention to help the project and the team that got into a tremendous trouble or seeking revenge and trying to indulge in feeling pity for themselves. Another motive is being a dog barking at an elephant attracts attention of a crowd to him making the dog happy. That is why in each and every thread you can see 3-4 negative comments from the same people regardless of the topic.

They do not want the game to be fixed. Yes, if the game is fixed they have nothing to troll about. They would actually have to play it. But being on a game server does not bring as many emotional benefits as trolling on the forums for an unhealthy personality.

Proof? The forest fix for online sound bug was reported 6 weeks ago. No one of the usual complainers wanted to try it back then. Other proposed solutions were not tested by them either. People complain of lack of offline content but never check forum section where 5-6 excellent user created campaigns are posted. It is funny to see same people complaining on the game in one thread and asking obvious game questions with solutions known since April in another thread. Another notice - they do not post in technical section but only in the main forums section to get more attention. This could mean only one thing they are here not to find solutions but to get some emotional benefits from their destructive behavior.

The 100th time: Developers are not paid for communication with community by UBI. UBI is the publisher for your countries and it keeps communication budget to support UBI forums for themselves. Thus luthier is not obliged to post here and was never obliged. It is only his goodwill to post here which you do not appreciate enough.

If you want him to continue you have to be more polite and not insulting the devs with ridiculous accusations which still continue. It is natural if you want a person to talk to you to be nice and polite to him. The more you troll the more probably you would read patch notes on Steam and UBI sites only but not on these forums. Paid customers? The devs delivered the engine worth at least $500 per copy and get less then $15 for it from the publisher probably (Check out discounted prices like $10-15 reported here. Retailers pay devs less than that). Of cause many have different point of view and it reflects their personality, but fortunately there are other kind of people on the forums as well.

I have not seen any single complain on any forums from this girl http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...4&postcount=15 When things get tough and a boat gets into rough waters she is trying to help the situation helping to avoid a tragedy as a man should do. Many boys trolling on the forums do not have balls to keep calm and positive when things get tough with the CoD project but cry for help and attention and looking for mom's skirt to hide.

Admins, please ban trolls to save the forums. It is pretty obvious when someone constructively discuses facts like bugs trying to help and when someone throws his emotional subjective judgments trying to insult developers. This should not be tolerated. Trolling must be prohibited here. Otherwise this place would not become a favorite place for the devs or contributors like the lady mentioned above to visit.

Last edited by Ataros; 07-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Someone back there said this forum is a steaming pile.

Of course it is. Its a Forum. In this particular case its a steaming pile of emotion.

People go to forums to seek advice, give advice, chat or vent their spleen. They often respond vigorously to posts they strongly disagree with. The reason there's so much spleen-venting here is because the game doesn't work properly for many and in some ways for all of us, compounded by the fact that we aren't being told much about where we are on the fixes. It will change completely once they are largely sorted.

Meanwhile we let off steam and that's not going to change. There are dozens of repetitive spleen-venting threads. It's probably healthy. If it was so bad for us we wouldn't be here doing it would we? We probably wouldn't even be posting about the quality of the threads. Seems we just can't get enough of it. Of course those that think its really so bad resist the temptation to post at all.

Aaaahh, the human condition

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders