Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 07-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

Default Custom Skin only visible for me in MP?!

Is it supposed like that? Makes the use of self made skins pretty senseless - if nobody sees who ge gets attacked by.

Winger
Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Is it supposed like that? Makes the use of self made skins pretty senseless - if nobody sees who ge gets attacked by.

Winger
What do you mean mate?

I was able to see custom skins online before I had that skin installed...if that's what your saying?
Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Winger
Ze-Jamz has right, the custom skins usable in MP, but takes 5-10 minutes, while download it.
(Anyway, we notice a bug: if you switch off the markings, from an exterior view you do not see your own mark, but everybody else sees it.)

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 07-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

is that maybe dependant on what the server settings are? I was using my own skin with turned off markings and a friend of mine joined the same server, spawned beside me but only saw the default skin of the plane. not my custom one. Is there a special file format needed for the skins? I used JPEG with high quality. Filesize 1,1 MB. Server was Repka #3

Thanks

Winger
Old 07-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
is that maybe dependant on what the server settings are? I was using my own skin with turned off markings and a friend of mine joined the same server, spawned beside me but only saw the default skin of the plane. not my custom one. Is there a special file format needed for the skins? I used JPEG with high quality. Filesize 1,1 MB. Server was Repka #3

Thanks

Winger
It is necessary to wait for a long time while the skin appears (compared to IL-2).
edit: I repeat myself "if you switch off the markings, from an exterior view you do not see your own mark, but everybody else sees it."

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940

Last edited by VO101_Tom; 07-17-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
It is necessary to wait for a long time while the skin appears (compared to IL-2).
edit: I repeat myself "if you switch off the markings, from an exterior view you do not see your own mark, but everybody else sees it."
OK thanks. So making your own markings makes no sense since everybody will see yours AND the original ones. I just leave em activated then and dont add own ones. Anyways there is no reason to except for people that need swastikas (wich i am not)

Winger
Old 07-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
OK thanks. So making your own markings makes no sense since everybody will see yours AND the original ones. I just leave em activated then and dont add own ones. Anyways there is no reason to except for people that need swastikas (wich i am not)

Winger
Exactly, everybody will see both markings.

In my case, the unique markings would have been good because i could have used a Hungarian markings – I do not need the swastika, what is not the part of the markings anyway. Only the six black crosses, and the numbers. Apart from these anywhere you may draw anything.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

OK, thanks guys. That clarified quite some thing for me!

Winger