Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 07-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Default Airdrome Points and Runways?

I was wondering on the DGW mission online the airdrome is only 40m(stock is 500m) and they have a runway with spawn points inside and out what is this for?

What is the need for a airdrome runway?

Thks
Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

With the object "aerodrom runway" you define an area on the map, used for takeoff and landing used by AI. Due to the fact, that you can take off and land anywhere as long it is not water, the width and length do not really matter. By putting such an object over an in-map built runway you can better control from which side the planes are starting their take off - at least you can try to control something, but I gave up at that stage...

The point "0" defines the point to witch all AI controlled planes roll, before they line up for take off. The points "i=[1,2,...]" are marking spawnpoints and their waypoints from spawnpoints to point "0". You can branch the spawnpoints by pressing "ctrl+b" and so set your own spawnpoints and create your airfields somewhere suitable for u.