Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post

Go buy a better VGA. You'll need it! Battlefield 3 is about to be released...

buy a better VGA... lol
Old 07-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
Repetitions happen because almost no one read what others have already written.
Exactly. There's tons of information in this forum but most people are too lazy to read. I seriously doubt having a dedicated community manager would improve things when we have people who won't bother searching for an answer to their issue before clicking on the "new thread" button, even with a community manager it turns out into a case of "let me repeat the same question for the 12074589th time and have him answer it, because i like having my hand held"

I was worried about the sim in the start, i'm not anymore and the reasons are very simple:

1) They have enough money to keep going with the development. I don't need them to tell me personally, i can logically deduce it from the fact that they are talking about future add-ons and seeing them hiring new people (the sound engineer).

2) They know about the bugs and they read what needs to be read. Once again, i don't need them to tell me personally because i can see things getting fixed in the patches. If things get fixed it means they either spotted the bugs themselves or they read our bug reports. In any case, the end result is the same and it's to my benefit. I don't need them to tell me about each and every bit they are working on as long as they keep fixing things.

In other words, if someone is too lazy to make a couple of logical deductions and get a feel of how the forum operates so that one knows where to look for information, then that person is beyond receiving any help anyway and functions like a forum time sink. That's the polite way to say they are wasting everyone else's time. I stand by this and consider it true because it's not about complaining (they have every right to do it), it's about how they do their complaining that's making their valid concerns turn into a waste of time. Sorry, just calling it the way is see it.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Exactly. There's tons of information in this forum but most people are too lazy to read. I seriously doubt having a dedicated community manager would improve things when we have people who won't bother searching for an answer to their issue before clicking on the "new thread" button, even with a community manager it turns out into a case of "let me repeat the same question for the 12074589th time and have him answer it, because i like having my hand held"

I was worried about the sim in the start, i'm not anymore and the reasons are very simple:

1) They have enough money to keep going with the development. I don't need them to tell me personally, i can logically deduce it from the fact that they are talking about future add-ons and seeing them hiring new people (the sound engineer).

2) They know about the bugs and they read what needs to be read. Once again, i don't need them to tell me personally because i can see things getting fixed in the patches. If things get fixed it means they either spotted the bugs themselves or they read our bug reports. In any case, the end result is the same and it's to my benefit. I don't need them to tell me about each and every bit they are working on as long as they keep fixing things.

In other words, if someone is too lazy to make a couple of logical deductions and get a feel of how the forum operates so that one knows where to look for information, then that person is beyond receiving any help anyway and functions like a forum time sink. That's the polite way to say they are wasting everyone else's time. I stand by this and consider it true because it's not about complaining (they have every right to do it), it's about how they do their complaining that's making their valid concerns turn into a waste of time. Sorry, just calling it the way is see it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can also deduce they are working on add-on and hiring a new sound guy...i just wonder why the aircraft modeler is working on a i-16 and isnt working on a E-4 or making the cockpit for the dornier?

Or why it took till 4 months AFTER release and for it to brake, for them to work out the sound is rubbish and doesn't work?

4 months and some menu buttons dont work, loadouts in single player cant be changed on the fly on the "loadout" screen.

AI still fly like F-16, stukas dogfight, whole sqds of aircraft dont react and can be shot down on their way home, wingmen crash into ground while you land.

Still no CO-OPs online, servers still disconnect after a hour or so(plus the sound bug)

4 months so far Blackdog...how long should it take? how long before we can be allowed to moan and cry? 6 months, a year?

4 months and still core aspects of the sim are broken or missing.

How long for you personally will it take before you get worried?

So i can deduce the same things Blackdog, and iam worried now.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post

+1

Totally agree
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
I can also deduce they are working on add-on and hiring a new sound guy...i just wonder why the aircraft modeler is working on a i-16 and isnt working on a E-4 or making the cockpit for the dornier?
Maybe the graphic work for the E-4 or the Dornier is finished but not the FM or something? Think about that!

Not everybody in a software team can do everything. A graphic artist doesn't program and a programmer doesn't do graphic jobs. So while one waits for the other he can do other things like stuff for add-ons and so.
Many people here forget/don't know that and so they can't understand that some not so important things get fixed in patches while others don't.

I hope you understand what I mean. It is not a personal attack against you or anybody here.
I'am also very disapointed when bugs don't get fixed in a patch but I'am a software developer and I know hard and frustrating bug fixing can be and that it tooks sometimes longer to get them fixed.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or why it took till 4 months AFTER release and for it to brake, for them to work out the sound is rubbish and doesn't work?

4 months and some menu buttons dont work, loadouts in single player cant be changed on the fly on the "loadout" screen.

AI still fly like F-16, stukas dogfight, whole sqds of aircraft dont react and can be shot down on their way home, wingmen crash into ground while you land.

Still no CO-OPs online, servers still disconnect after a hour or so(plus the sound bug)

4 months so far Blackdog...how long should it take? how long before we can be allowed to moan and cry? 6 months, a year?

4 months and still core aspects of the sim are broken or missing.

How long for you personally will it take before you get worried?

So i can deduce the same things Blackdog, and iam worried now.
This post, imo, falls in the category "time-sink",
same complaints, nothing new, in short: who cares?
Sorry to have added to the "time-sink"

Last edited by robtek; 07-11-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

who cares?