Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:21 AM
BigPickle

Default Weapon Sounds

I was looking at changing the dreaded weapons sound especially the crazy 303 sound, its way to fast and sounds like its been ripped out of the Battle Of Britain movie

The Browning .303 fire sound is much slower than most people think, it is and 800 round a min weapon and is the same weapon as the 1919A1 Machine gun its just converted to take the British 303 caliber round.

Anyhow history aside, i got my samples together and put them into the game as per Kegety's folder method and nothing changed. Does anyone know how the replacement needs to happen? ie do i keep the whole dump folder and only change what i want to change or delete everything else out that i dont need?

Also anyone know what the sound values need to be? maybe thats my problem.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Ali Fish

delete everythiing out of the -dump folder you dont want. Simply recreate the folder structure for your additional files. send Diveplane a pm too. hes a great sound guy/modder.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 AM
BigPickle

rgr thank you mate I appreciate the advice.