Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_G View Post
Nice rig! I was just reading up on the Sabertooth yesterday... I'm not convinced it really does that much for cooling but it sure looks cool

Anyway about the trees. I don't have ClOD as my rig is CrAP, but can you guys tell if they are always in the same spot?
If they're semi-randomly generated it might not be possible to give them hitboxes (yes, that is wild speculation, not an assertion.)
Mmm, went for the P8P67 Pro myself as encapsulating the hardware in a plastic cover feels bad when I have a 200m fan blowing over the MB?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Hey Mazex, just took a quick look at your first post in your "new rig" thread and was surprised to see you were running ClOD OK on a E8400 (which is what I have).

My rig is comprised of:
E8400 + CF 4850s + 2 gigs DDR3 using WinXP... what were your GPU, Ram and OS?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_G View Post
Hey Mazex, just took a quick look at your first post in your "new rig" thread and was surprised to see you were running ClOD OK on a E8400 (which is what I have).

My rig is comprised of:
E8400 + CF 4850s + 2 gigs DDR3 using WinXP... what were your GPU, Ram and OS?
Look in this post where I have scores on the "Black Death" track for my old rig, my old rig with new GPU and finally the new rig. Rather interesting results:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22448

Had 30 fps in average with my old rig on high settings as you can see. Rather OK to me at least! Of course the 68.5 I have now is better
Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 AM
Approved Member

I feel for the guys trying to run COD on older rigs as it must totally wreck the game. I remember happily playing European Air War quite happily when IL2 first came out. My rig just couldn't run it and I was devastated. It was a couple of years before I tried again with a new PC.
I knew COD would be the same so when we started to get more reliable release dates I started building a new rig using many second hand parts from ebay. So now COD runs pretty good for me.
COD is getting better for me, so much so that after reinstalling 1946 with all up to date patches I just couldn't get into it. The graphics are cartoon like and no longer life like for me. I feel like a rookie again and have a lot more to learn but that's what has made IL2 such an incredible game.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpee View Post
.....COD is getting better for me, so much so that after reinstalling 1946 with all up to date patches I just couldn't get into it. The graphics are cartoon like and no longer life like for me. I feel like a rookie again and have a lot more to learn but that's what has made IL2 such an incredible game.
D'you think so? I find seeing all the obvious f---ups more painful at high-res, super detail than it was before.
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.