Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Luthier, you do know the name "Cliffs Of Dover" really sucks mate don't you?
"Storm of War" was and still is a much better, cooler name, why on earth did you guys change it? just curious.

And that blokes face on the splash screen, the pilot with the football eyes, that is really really naff, hoping sopmeone will mod that asap.

Hopefully once you guys get the engine all fixed and running smoothely youll make a "career Mode" like in RoF, guys take a look at that game, CoD (i hate that name) should have really looked something like RoF,
Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Default improvements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days, I waited until our progress was a little more clear. We are up on here a lot, and your feedback and reports are extremely helpful. Thank you all for your support!

We are planning another patch for this coming Monday the 18th of April*, with a beta version of the patch this Friday the 15th. The beta version will be the same as before, manually extractable to your game folder, then automatically overwritten by the release version of the patch.

Before I get more into the patch, I want to discuss the sfs – mod situation a bit. First of all, the data you’re accessing was never intended to be hidden from the user, but rather accessible as part of our larger plans for SDKs and user mods and expansions. It’s just we planned to open it up ourselves eventually, once the SDK was ready, but our enterprising fans found a way to do it earlier.

Most importantly, I need to mention something about Valve anti-cheat. Valve has their standard feature running on top of multiplayer, and we have some of our own additional checks. The way it works is not an automatic immediate server ban, but rather a data-gathering and review process resulting in eventual account ban from all multiplayer for the game.

So while many of you may enjoy playing around with game content, please do so offline. We do not yet have the user interface for switching between modified and stock files, nor do we have the server GUI to allow/disallow custom content so that makes things a little more difficult for the players. We’re probably going to ignore any infractions before today, but we’ll become more aggressive in the coming days. Please be warned. There will be a wide-scale account ban once we identify a large number of culprits. Everyone will be banned simultaneously, with no prior warning or chance for redemption. If you do not wish to be made an example of, please do not use ANY modified files in any online matches.

After all, cracking the game is against the EULA and theoretically we could ban everyone who has ever tried any mod, but that of course would serve no purpose. Once again, we do not mind you fiddling with your own game on your own machine, as long as you don’t use that ability to try to give yourself an unfair advantage online.

And now, the patch.

Future plans and roadmap:

1. SLI / Crossfire support (had to temporarily halt development due to ongoing work on FPS and texture manager)
2. Improvements to the campaign engine, including a rank and awards system.
3. Changes to multiplayer interface to better deal with the mods
4. More FM and DM tuning
5. Finally, documentation on dedicated server and campaign interface that should allow more meaningful 3rd party content!
Great job you are doing guys but when can we see some more immediate improvements? A few things that come to mind are:
1. Full Screen Mode now generates Massive lag on servers (so much so server admins are rolling back to previous patches.
2. Huge graphical errors in maps such as water appearing in cities at high altitude!
3. The higher you go the more the rivers look like marsh land instead of mainland.
4. Menu buttons don't work so you have to CTL ALT DEL out of the game to go back to the previous menu.
5.Mirrors in Spitfire and Hurricanes don't work at certain angles with Track IR, they show bad pixilation with black lines in with object massively magnified even though it is far away.
6. Co-Op does not work on the channel map.( for me personally this was why I spent nearly $100 for this game! Building and playing Co-Op missions)
7. Some fighter AI does not work in Co-Op.
8. Search Lights don't work properly
9. AAA can't hit anything and has limited range apart from the 88's
10. Very limited documentation
11. Servers constantly crashing as numbers build up.
This is mine and some of the people that I fly with issues listed here.
That said, I truly believe that this will be one of the Great Sims of our time if you can fix the important things up and get the multiplayer servers stable. As it stands people are holding off from buying it because of the bad publicity.
Regards
xpupx
Old 05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Default Fix radio comms!!!!!

Please fix radio comms!
(314.22 drivers)

16GB RAM DDR3
Track IR4
MSFFB2 Joystick
Win 8 64 Bit Home
Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojimbo View Post
Luthier, you do know the name "Cliffs Of Dover" really sucks mate don't you?
"Storm of War" was and still is a much better, cooler name, why on earth did you guys change it? just curious.

And that blokes face on the splash screen, the pilot with the football eyes, that is really really naff, hoping sopmeone will mod that asap.

Hopefully once you guys get the engine all fixed and running smoothely youll make a "career Mode" like in RoF, guys take a look at that game, CoD (i hate that name) should have really looked something like RoF,
Storm of War is the title of the new series
the first of the series is Cliffs of Dover
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
Storm of War is the title of the new series
the first of the series is Cliffs of Dover
actually where can you see this phantom "storm of war" anywhere?
it's been dropped, there is no more SoW, look at the boxed packaging
it is officially IL2- CoD

oh!...and CoD still sucks, would be better called Finest Hour or something
Old 05-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
actually where can you see this phantom "storm of war" anywhere?
it's been dropped, there is no more SoW, look at the boxed packaging
it is officially IL2- CoD

oh!...and CoD still sucks, would be better called Finest Hour or something
You know devs are doing a good job when people find nothing better to complain about than the name of the game or the guy in the splash screen
Old 05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Did you look up a couple of post And see a list.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Hello,
what about the DeviceLink network input ? Is somewhere on the roadmap ?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
The irony of you picking RoF, a game that took a year to get patched to playable levels is apparently lost on you...
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
The irony of you picking RoF, a game that took a year to get patched to playable levels is apparently lost on you...

ROF has NEVER been in a state like THIS.