Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 04-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGang View Post
I have settings at max, AA at 4x (don't notice AA at all) and buildings one below 'unlimited' running at 1920x1080 resolution.

I seem to get around 18-20 fps at it's lowest flying over lots of buildings, though when the fps jumps depending on where I'm looking I still get a lot of micro stutters, which is disappointing considering the system. All I can hope for is a steady stream of patches that don't take too long to make
Considering the think that the developers recomend is reducing your building to get high framerates your probably doing fairly good.
Before release the developers kept on saying a hi end machine will be running on medium settings at release.

Cheers!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I read something about not seeing much of an improvement for higher end pc's in the patch notes, and if my PC were still considered high end then that's about right

If you want to run this game with unlimited buildings then I am afraid your PC is not "High End" enough for this kind of expectations! Your PC in a few years, maybe.

As far as the resolution is concerned, try first to play the game in Window mode (with settings set to medium exect model=high, damage=high) and get a feeling about it.

Your PC is high enough and should not be having problems.

~S~
Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
If you want to run this game with unlimited buildings then I am afraid your PC is not "High End" enough for this kind of expectations! Your PC in a few years, maybe.

As far as the resolution is concerned, try first to play the game in Window mode (with settings set to medium exect model=high, damage=high) and get a feeling about it.

Your PC is high enough and should not be having problems.

~S~
Actually, unlimited buildings has no impact on my fps, I have a I7 920 and an 8800gt 512k, a few others have found the same, shadows are a big problem though
Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Registered Member

This software is a piece of crap at current build versions

The multicore CPU coding is very poor

The multicore GPU coding is very poor

I dont see any cool DX11 features like tesselation in there either

The patch did next to nothing for me. The real patch worthy of being released is one that fixes SLI and one that improves multicore utilisation.

The engine itself isnt all that great and I guess it wont be until the next major release that we will see stuff like tesselation being used to good effect

My system has 16 logical processors at 4GHz each and I have three GTX 480s in SLI.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullack View Post
This software is a piece of crap at current build versions
Way too subjective a statement, it doesn't actually say anything and people will start calling you a troll if you start off posts like that.

Quote:
The multicore CPU coding is very poor
All my cores are being used with one being close to 100%

Quote:
The multicore GPU coding is very poor

I dont see any cool DX11 features like tesselation in there either
You really should read the development updates.

Quote:
The patch did next to nothing for me. The real patch worthy of being released is one that fixes SLI and one that improves multicore utilisation.

The engine itself isnt all that great and I guess it wont be until the next major release that we will see stuff like tesselation being used to good effect

My system has 16 logical processors at 4GHz each and I have three GTX 480s in SLI.
In the deveopment updates they actually state that SLI has issues and can actually lead to reduced performance at the moment so maybe you should disable SLI in this application till it gets patched.

My system is nowhere near as powerful as your and since the updates it's cleared up a lot of issues and is running as good as ROF and DCS:A10

Little details make this sim one of the best I have ever played, It's fun and immersive.

With continued patching and resolution of peoples issues it's going to be the best.

Cheers and hope your problems get resolved!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Those who still have stutters try putting Buildings to Unlimited (w. low detail) or my settings below.

Do not complain if you did not put shadows to low or off ))
Old 04-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post

Lower your resolution to something reasonable like 1400 ish x 700 ish and dont use AA You may actually double your FPS
I had a looksee last night using the Fullscreen option unchecked (ie running @ a windowed 1024 x 76

frame rate tripled and in some cases 5 x increase.
stutters were virtually non-existent on the second run through the same Quick Mission.

downside is a 1024 x 768 (4:3 ratio) window in the top left corner of a 1920 x 1080 desktop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shot_20110414_012451.jpg (220.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg shot_20110414_013007.jpg (276.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg shot_20110414_013027.jpg (115.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg shot_20110414_013101.jpg (84.7 KB, 8 views)
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 04-14-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Any chance it'd run better in windowed mode as opposed to full screen ?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Any chance it'd run better in windowed mode as opposed to full screen ?
Read the post above you. YES it will run better. I dont thing you need windowed mode maybe just lower resolution in game settings to 1024 x768 or 1440 x 760 I think it is. Report back with your results. And leave settings on high.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
I had a looksee last night using the Fullscreen option unchecked (ie running @ a windowed 1024 x 76

frame rate tripled and in some cases 5 x increase.
stutters were virtually non-existent on the second run through the same Quick Mission.

downside is a 1024 x 768 (4:3 ratio) window in the top left corner of a 1920 x 1080 desktop
Do you have all details set to high like buildings, trees etc etc.. those screens look pretty good. What you get over london like that with all things on high.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens