Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion737 View Post
It is not only the landing gear. Ground has no bumps and no friction. Feels like an icefield.
engage wheel brakes right after touchdown and say that again..
Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Another bug perhaps the nose tipping tendency a little too savage imo
Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

oh, damn, it wasn't my intention to provide material in order for people to pull another 'bug' out of thin air
The wheel brakes are very usable, just let your crate roll for a bit and then engage them softly. I just wanted to state that the runways aren't ice-like at all.

Last edited by Redroach; 04-07-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

LoL @ the drifting vid of mini RC cars that's awesome! I want me some of them, is that your own personal video? if so, how'd you make the track? what did you use for the road?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Not "another" bug but a real one that Devs are aware of. Read the various handling reports many make direct comment on the ability to plant the brakes and the aircraft's nose tipping tendency or lack there of.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Just be aware that lots of UK grass airstrips during ww2 were not just grass, they had Irving grid mating all over them to help make them more all weather yet with grass still growing threw which helped hide them from aerial photos, also they could be laid down quite quickly yet be functional and lots of grass fields were done as auxiliary airfields and were never used especially in the midlands in 1939/40.

A good many of the old ww2 era grass airfields even today if you dug down a few inches you would find ww2 Irving grid mating which I can tell you now from personal experience are a pain to revert to arable use even though it can be quite lucrative in scrap steel.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b101uk View Post
Just be aware that lots of UK grass airstrips during ww2 were not just grass, they had Irving grid mating all over them to help make them more all weather yet with grass still growing threw which helped hide them from aerial photos, also they could be laid down quite quickly yet be functional and lots of grass fields were done as auxiliary airfields and were never used especially in the midlands in 1939/40.

A good many of the old ww2 era grass airfields even today if you dug down a few inches you would find ww2 Irving grid mating which I can tell you now from personal experience are a pain to revert to arable use even though it can be quite lucrative in scrap steel.

Very interesting,thanks for the info.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Look at 1:20 and tell me that's not a strong undercarriage.