Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

the only reason i could see the need for it to be downloadable would be for testing online play. even though they are the developer they could still have the availability to make beta discs one could use for a single player to run through the campaigns and missions. those could be shipped directly to the testers and then shipped back when when the testing is complete. even though the game is smaller or niche a small cadre of beta testers could still be used. hell i would do it for free ( or for a free copy of the game when released) as i am sure a lot of others would as well. i just think the cost would be minimal but the benefits would be well worth it. i doubt it will happen but it would be nice.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
Yup it would need to be downloadable on the PSN or XBL marketplace. It will be called a BETA, which only a select few would have access to via code. If they deploy a BETA to the PSN or XBL marketplace then they would surely already have proffesional BETA testers behind the scenes.

IF the publishers saw it as a big title then perhaps it would get a "BETA" much like COD:WaW did (many months prior to release), but with smaller title that has a niche audience then a BETA probably wouldnt happen. Though a demo could, much like the demo for IL2
Yeah I believe it is very costly for a publisher to release a beta onto the console networks. Only the biggest games can afford to do this.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Registered Member

Any updates on this? Apache is out across all systems, PC, PS3 and Xbox.

Must say I prefer playing on the PC, purely because of the joystick control. Still awesome on the console but the Xbox controller can get a little unruly in a dog fight.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicster View Post
Any updates on this? Apache is out across all systems, PC, PS3 and Xbox.

Must say I prefer playing on the PC, purely because of the joystick control. Still awesome on the console but the Xbox controller can get a little unruly in a dog fight.
I'm not sure about updates, but I know how awesome this game is. I loved playing it with my T Flight Hotas, but lack of analog control over TADS/FLIR & zoom forced me back to the Dualshock 3. An update with control customization (like BOP on PS3) would be most welcome, but I won't hold my breath.

StiC
Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Anton
Hello guys.
I want to clarify situation with updates/DLCs.
We've done our best (unfortunately, I can't tell details) to make update available for all and any of platforms.
But we don't have any power or leverage to make updates/DLCs happen - it is completely up to Activision.
As all of you (or probably even more than most of you) I would like to see DLCs/updates live.
However, we really literally can't do anything - we can't technically release updates/DLCs ourselves as well as we don't have any rights to do it.

We will do our best to make sure that this situation will not happen with our next flightsim title - but now all I can suggest is to contact Activision, our publisher.
Don't hold your breath! BS

Taken from Yuplay.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiC View Post
I'm not sure about updates, but I know how awesome this game is. I loved playing it with my T Flight Hotas, but lack of analog control over TADS/FLIR & zoom forced me back to the Dualshock 3. An update with control customization (like BOP on PS3) would be most welcome, but I won't hold my breath.

StiC
Stic I love this game and yes have same problem with T-Hotas . Will mouse work I wonder like BOP ?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOED70 View Post
Stic I love this game and yes have same problem with T-Hotas . Will mouse work I wonder like BOP ?
I don't know, as soon as I get it back I'll be sure to try.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Yeah I believe it is very costly for a publisher to release a beta onto the console networks. Only the biggest games can afford to do this.
pope, i agree to your, "ON THE NETWORKS" comment. however, by that time you are in the marketing and promotion phase. all development and testing should have been long competed. now you should have a polished and FINAL product ready to release. what i am addressing is the of the end of the development phase and the final editing prior to publishing. so as thus, i am not talking about a mass media release on xbox, ps3, or pc of a beta but sent to a select group of testers. THIS, is financially feasible for even the smallest of developers. they could direct mail ( fed-ex, ups, etc) a cd of the beta to predetermined testers ( 6, 12, 20 testers from EACH platform)...who could run through as many missions as possible in the allotted time frame ( 7 to ??? days) and report any glitches or concerns. the testers would be required return the cd in a prepaid mailer. if a developer cant afford burn off 60 or so CDs and ship them they have no absolutely no business being in the business. all legal and copyright concerns can be safe guarded by a strict contract and hidden tracking number on each beta CD. additionally, strict conditions ( OPSEC) for the testers handling the Beta would be included in the prearrangement along with the repercussions for "leaking" a copy to the populous . i am telling you all of this could be accomplished for less then $1-2000USD (5k if you get into deep background checks on the testers) and give or take a few $$ depending upon how much the lawyer gouges you for his fees, of course....
Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

This is looking promising. I love the old school sim textures.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Here is a link for U.S. and Canada