Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Patches

Patches Patches for RNR

Old 11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flykas View Post
Edit: Well I was overjoyed about the driving improvement. Driving with wheel is still bad, bud it's really improved. They should fix forcefeedback cuz now it's too simple and inccorect sometimes. Wheel is to light when the car is standing still and when you are driving it's almos just like centering spring on or off when stoping.
Can you tell us how it is improved, what things exactly?
Could you make a video driving to see what's really improved and post in the video section please?

Se7en
Old 11-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

m don't know about the video. Never record any videos of games so don't have the software for it. But maybe it would be interesting to try.

well the truck has more weight, it doesn't spin out so easely. You can do more agresive turns.Can more easely control it on grass with bumps ect. And I thinks i doen'snt spin from the breaking hard so easely too like in old version. It's even psoible to a bit of drifting :] Just it's still has this bug that when you turn hard the truck is sticking to the road and then it sudenly looses grip like it woulb hard for engine to decide where it should loose grip. It's mainly when driving with wheel.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Well, that sounds like a vast improvement to me! Can't wait for the english version. Seems like 1C has forgot us who bought English version (almost like they said who cares about them) and released a good number of patches for the RUS version!

Se7en
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure, but I think that lastest version of russian rnr isn't fixed properly yet, cuz I think It still has that memory leak ,that when you start the game it runs better than after you have played for some time. ANd overall I think for me english version ran better. So maybe this is the reason for not realeasing it yet.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Registered Member

Default Is there a patch for?

Is there a patch for the boxed one? or is it just the downloaded once that has a patch?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Approved Member

I’m not sure if the “HotFix” will work here, as I have not heard too many DVD problems, but the “HotFix” is located HERE.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

surely they could implament a patch so you can own your own trailers iam n lot liking the racing aspect of the game either needs to be more of a simulator id like some daycabs aswell.isnt there a airbrush mod included in this add on ive read it somewere that youll be able to paint the trucks in your own livery will this be in story mode or the big race add on?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-01-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-trucker-uk View Post
surely they could implament a patch so you can own your own trailers iam n lot liking the racing aspect of the game either needs to be more of a simulator id like some daycabs aswell.isnt there a airbrush mod included in this add on ive read it somewere that youll be able to paint the trucks in your own livery will this be in story mode or the big race add on?
@ex-uk-trucker:

If you read through some of the other threads, there are other people (myself included) who are not particularly fond of the racing aspect -- but this is the way the game was developed: an arcade-style racing game versus a simulator. Believe me, there are a number of people who are eagerly awaiting the time when a real trucking simulator will be developed -- but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Some posters have very good ideas; for example: USA Trucker would like to see an option for an automatic warehouse, like it is now in the game, or a manual warehouse where the player's maneuvering skills are challenged (e.g. backing into a loading dock, using the mirrors as a guide). Your ideas of owning trailers and including day-cabs are also good.

As for airbrushing the truck, it seems that information is from the Wikipedia page for R'n'R:

"This game was published by 1C and developed by SoftLab-Nsk's Igor Belago, who got inspired from games like Grand Theft Auto.[8] Rig'n'Roll also includes a program for the creation of skins for trucks, license plate, and trailers. The game has modes of racing, single-player missions, regular truck driving, and free cruising in an open world."

Of course, some of the above is not in the game. (Someone should perhaps update the Wikipedia page.)
Old 02-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

We all raise some good points here. Now it’s up to the power that be. I’m not keen on the idea of owning your own trailers though, for the simple fact that most independent truckers may own their tractors, but very few (in real life) own the trailers. It would make pick-ups & drop-offs very costly. Both in time, and money.

@ex-uk-trucker,
Go to the mod sections, and PM some of those crafty guys, and get some info as to how to modify your truck. Some of them did some very nice work.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Roughly a year since the release. Any patch coming up? Or is there really no news at all. I mean, it has been one damn YEAR and still this...