Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Default il2 Cliffs of dover

Hey.
I wounder if you can create a battle in the game. Talking about quick game's there you put your plane where you want it to start. And you can put ships, cars and planes where ever you want on the map.. Can you choise between maps all around the world like in sturmovik from 2001 ? or is it all just about Battle of britain ?
Sorry about my English...
-Patrick

Last edited by Hveding; 03-25-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hveding View Post
Hey.
I wounder if you can create a battle in the game. Talking about quick game's there you put your plane where you want it to start. And you can put ships, cars and planes where ever you want on the map.. Can you choise between maps all around the world like in sturmovik from 2001 ? or is it all just about Battle of britain ?
Sorry about my English...
-Patrick
Yes. You can place any object you want, anywhere you want it with the Full Mission Builder tool. However, there will only be one main map. This release focuses only upon the Battle of Britain. More maps will come with time. Hope this helps
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 03-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

Thanks man!
"Full Mission Builder" was the name ^^
So i guess the game is more like a Graphic upgrade insted of a new game ^^
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks man!
For the most part yes. However, I think the parts that will really stand out are the new Flight Models and the new Damage Model. In time it should turn into a very good sim just like the original IL-2. What I can't wait for is an in-depth Dynamic Campaign Generator to be released. Should make it much more enjoyable for all of us offline users I think.
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 03-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks man!

Its an entirely new game engine, nothing from IL2 was used in terms of coding etc.

Features that worked in IL2 like icons etc are present in CoD (no need to reinvent the wheel) and lots of new things thats not even possible in old IL2 is implemented.

Its a completely new game and u can not export/import features inbetween the 2 even if u wanted to.

To give u an example: The most advanced ac`s in IL2 had in the region of 30 damageable parts, parts u can damage when shooting at it. In CoD that number is in the region of 300. Oxygen tanks, pressure tanks, radios, individual pistons inside the engine etc. Everything can be damaged. Far more advanced than IL2.

Another example. If u used to full engine complexity in IL2 and cross in everything the same way in CoD and then fly like u are used to...u WILL damage your engine, it will burn up.

Etc, etc.

P.S. If u know german there is a threadh here where u can download the manual for the game. Everything is in there.

P.S.2 Found u the english version http://www.scribd.com/doc/51503478/IL2CoD-MANUAL-UK#

Last edited by Baron; 03-25-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Default Funny!!

I love this comment in the manual regarding unlimited ammo.

"NOTE: Unlimited ammunition may confuse computer-controlled pilots. If youhand over controls to AI control with Limited Ammo disabled, they’ll think it’s Christmas. Especially it they’re carrying bombs"

Image of the AI over the top exhited about having a million bombs in the plane going ballistic....... Priceless.