Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
Well, not wanting people to buy this game would be a retarded business model when publishers must have SOME stock involved.
Should be a no-brainer, and I'm not much into conspiracy theories; my comment wasn't entirely serious anyway. Then again I still remember how Ubi non-managed the release of Lock On, and that was 8 years ago in which the market has only shifted further away from PCs (which made up 1% of Ubi's sales last year). I won't rule out that some not-so-reasonable motives come into play here and have some decision makers treat this release as an unwanted stepchild. Speculation of course, but not without precedent.

And no, I certainly don't care for the cover either, but there's no reason to produce something that looks like a bug in Photoshop

Quote:
Honestly wish this game would release so all of this bickering/nitpicking/speculation can just stop. I know i'm complaining about complainers, but jeezuz, I want to come here for some insightful information and I have to sift through so much bull $hiT just to get some.

Okay I'm done, sorry for that, but these forums are a bit of a joke sometimes.
If you really think the whining will stop once it's released, then I'm afraid you're in for a surprise... this is just the warm up - welcome to the internet!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Should be a no-brainer, and I'm not much into conspiracy theories; my comment wasn't entirely serious anyway. Then again I still remember how Ubi non-managed the release of Lock On, and that was 8 years ago in which the market has only shifted further away from PCs (which made up 1% of Ubi's sales last year). I won't rule out that some not-so-reasonable motives come into play here and have some decision makers treat this release as an unwanted stepchild. Speculation of course, but not without precedent.

And no, I certainly don't care for the cover either, but there's no reason to produce something that looks like a bug in Photoshop

If you really think the whining will stop once it's released, then I'm afraid you're in for a surprise... this is just the warm up - welcome to the internet!

hehe, well glad to hear you were only semi serious. After all the flaming i've read today I think I was just expecting the worst. You're right about the whining not stopping, I actually felt silly writing that, but was too lazy to backspace on my iphone..... Glad you called me on that, because it's probably the farthest thing from the truth anyone could ever say heheh.

Anyway sorry to have singled you out there with that post, only the first part was for you, the rest was in general.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Another marvellous find ppl will complain about for several pages!

As it was stated before, the biggest, inherent flaw of this cover is that it shows spit scoring a 109, not the other way around, as it supposed to be.

I might add, as a form of consolation, that you don't really need to care about cover if
y o u b u y t h e g a m e v i a . . . S T E A M!

Quote:
If you really think the whining will stop once it's released, then I'm afraid you're in for a surprise... this is just the warm up
Hope you're wrong.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Isn't that a Focke Wulf 190 on the cover? Perhaps they couldn't find a picture of a Hellcat in time...
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Isn't that a Focke Wulf 190 on the cover? Perhaps they couldn't find a picture of a Hellcat in time...
When I fist saw the picture I thought this as well, round engine, rectangle shaped elevators, but didn't commented since I had sleepy eyes, could've been mistaken

Last edited by Sven; 03-08-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnigruH View Post
I might add, as a form of consolation, that you don't really need to care about cover if
y o u b u y t h e g a m e v i a . . . S T E A M!

True.
I'm really pissed they force us into steam - but since they do, what benefit do I get if I buy the hardcopy?
None.

Made me decide to go the download way, not from steam, though.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
When I fist saw the picture I thought this as well, round engine, rectangle shaped elevators, but didn't commented since I had sleepy eyes, could've been mistaken

Looks a little that way but since it's a spin off of the previous cover leaked, it's a 109.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

ha ha. Brando - good point...not personally sure what underpants were like back in them days but you're right, who cares about the box art.