Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 03-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Not to start picking things apart, BUT If an enemy body is pillaged and the dead guy has an ammo clip or ammo belt, will it fire in the weapon being carried by the live guy if he has a different caliber weapon?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotheringill View Post
I am new to the game. I read this thread. How is anyone supposed to keep track of everything with the obvious micro management required for reloading a mortar?

This baffles me. Is there an automatic way? I.E. managing things from platoon level on up or is intense micromanagement needed to even reload a rifle?
Hmm... Well, i would say that Hard/Very Hard difficulty might need some micromanagement to conserve your founds. But on easy ( an obvious place to start for a new player ), you will not need it at all. You can completely ignore ammo, health, cover and such, and focus on a more basic tactics, since you will not have to worry about lack of founds or allies/enemy ratio...

Lets take the mortar example: it has over 100 (!) shells/grenades in the inventory when you buy it. It will give you at least 2 minutes of a non-stop area bombardment. And when it is out of ammo - you can most probably buy a new one ( supply truck is not free anyways ). Soldiers have a shared ammo stash, when combined in groups ( not sure if it works when they are on the opposite sides of the map, but still... )
Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotheringill View Post
What manual? I downloaded the game through Steam and sure as hell didn't see one. Maybe it was in a supply truck or an airborne drop or maybe on a dead body?
It's in the game directory, pdf file, don't ask me why steam doesn't have quick link.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Thank you. I will look when I release myself from work this afternoon.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Default love/hate this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
Hmm... Well, i would say that Hard/Very Hard difficulty might need some micromanagement to conserve your founds. But on easy ( an obvious place to start for a new player ), you will not need it at all. You can completely ignore ammo, health, cover and such, and focus on a more basic tactics, since you will not have to worry about lack of founds or allies/enemy ratio...
he was asking how to reload ammo in a mortar. I have been playing the demo. No offense to any who love this game, but I'll decide this week to buy or not, and the buying a supply truck and not being able to resupply a mortar position is just stupid. I mean you can pop the mortar crew out of there and have them pick up ammo but then putting them back in they can't use it?! wt hell?! That's really is driving me crazy. Why have reload if you can't use it? It's not a matter of easy vs. hard "tactics" it's if this is micro managing, and I take the time to micromanage: why can't I reload the mortar? How do you do it?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

earlybird3, The answer you seek was given in post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreaken View Post
I have had success in commanding the supply truck to directly open 'trade window' with the mortar itself (this may require some aiming)
I have to agree, its a bit of a silly way to do it!

TommyB
Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

To reload the mortar:

First off, earlybird3, we're only talking once it runs out of it's 100 ammo, not every reload (making sure you know that)
There are several ways.

The mortar needs to be in a nondeployed/travel position. Just speed walk (double-click) right next to the supply truck. Driving the truck up NEAR the mortar (not too close) speeds it up. Then just click the eyeball or the "X" with mortar selected, then double-click the truck.

Other way, tell one of your troops to leave the mortar, run HIM up to the supply truck, have him pick up mortars with the eye or "x", run back, click the "x" click on mortar, drop off. etc.

I use my tons of tank crew like mules, offloading any ammo from destroyed tanks and delivering it to other (soon also to be destroyed) tanks.

Of course, see other posts about how much all this micromanagement sucks...
Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

Default shared ammo stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
Soldiers have a shared ammo stash, when combined in groups ( not sure if it works when they are on the opposite sides of the map, but still... )
They DO? How does one operate this magic stash? I keep having troops standing around with an empty weapon scratching their buts lol