Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Each of the aircraft in CoD likely took the same amount of time to create as a dozen (maybe more?) aircraft for IL-2: xx.
So, no, I don't think that 12 flyable aircraft is weak at all.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

I'd love to fly the Martlet in CoD...it's one of the most fun aircraft in Il-2 already.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
"On 8 October 1939, over Jutland, a Lockheed Hudson became the first RAF aircraft to shoot down a German aircraft"
so far for the RAF

and in total
" 8 September 1939, Hawk 75 from Groupe de Chasse II/4 were credited with shooting down two Luftwaffe Messerschmitt Bf 109Es, the first Allied air victory of World War II on the Western front."

the Martlet was "just" the first US build FIGHTER in UK service that shoot down an enemy...and that was december 1940
You're right. I think the deal was that it was the first Navy fighter, but I may be confusing the incident with something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
I'd love to fly the Martlet in CoD...it's one of the most fun aircraft in Il-2 already.
To the best of my knowledge we don't have the Marlet Mk I in Il-2. There seems to be a fair amount of confusion about exactly which supercharger setup the British got the Mk IIs, and III's, but the ones that would be available in the BoB time frame would be the ones with the poor supercharger. Whereas an F4F-3 with the two-speed, two stage supercharger is a match for a 109E-4 at 7.5km+, and superior at 10km, without the second supercharger stage, it is inferior to the 109E at all altitudes.

The closest thing to the Marlets would be the F4F-3A, but I don't think that one is in '46