Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Default Will AI aircraft performance exceed human piloted aircraft?

One of the biggest gripes I have had through the years concerning IL2 is that the AI aircraft can do things humans can't do in the same aircraft. One of the most striking examples was once upon a time when I was diving about 45 degrees in a DO-335 trying to shake an AI piloted La-5FN. I had hit over 900KPH indicated and maintained that for a long time while the LA stayed on my tail without breaking up. Try that in a LA-5FN yourself and you won't get much past 700KPH when you crack up and shed your wings and other surfaces.

I'd like to know if this will be fixed in COD? If anyone knows of course.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Surely it has been. But, we can only wait to see for ourselves.

v4.10 has somewhat fixed this though. Although I still mostly fly v4.09 at the moment, I have tried it. It's alot better than it used to be
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearfactor View Post
One of the biggest gripes I have had through the years concerning IL2 is that the AI aircraft can do things humans can't do in the same aircraft. One of the most striking examples was once upon a time when I was diving about 45 degrees in a DO-335 trying to shake an AI piloted La-5FN. I had hit over 900KPH indicated and maintained that for a long time while the LA stayed on my tail without breaking up. Try that in a LA-5FN yourself and you won't get much past 700KPH when you crack up and shed your wings and other surfaces.

I'd like to know if this will be fixed in COD? If anyone knows of course.
Lol that sounds familiar...
don't forget the 'one shot, one kill' turret gunners.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coen020 View Post
Lol that sounds familiar...
don't forget the 'one shot, one kill' turret gunners.
My biggest problem was always AI LOS, was especially bad in WOP (yes I know not IL2 really), at 1920x1200 I am squiting at the squeen while fully zoomed, they hone in on me like bees to honey