Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Interesting to hear that you have worked with Maddox team on SOW:BOB timeframe Luftwaffe markings. I hope you don't mind an additional question...

In this article reporting an interview with Oleg, the Screen capture of a SOW:BOB Bf110 shows one with the markings M8+BC. http://spread-wings.ru/index.php?opt...d=364&Itemid=1

That would be the Gruppe adjutant of II Gruppe of ZG76. The green B is the correct color for a member of any of the ZG76’s Gruppe Stab’s, including II./ZG76.
Additionally, however, by the time of the Battle of Britain, II Gruppe would have applied its distinctive shark’s teeth on the nose…I believe most of the II./ZG76 110’s in BofB would have had the teeth.

Here is a II./ZG76 110 Profile notated as being in the May 1940 timeframe:

May 40 photo:

Another profile, in 1941:

Question....Will SOW:BOB have the teeth markings on default Bf110’s (of II./ZG76)?
Don't mean to hijack this thread. If I have further question or suggestion, I'll start a new/separate thread.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly_flyer View Post
Not al all, here's some of mine (they are mostly concerning Hurries, real men don't fly überplanes ):

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...774#post172774
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...858#post173858

There were at least 7 different kind of finflashes on Hurricanes alone, 3 or 4 different Spitfire roundels, 3 different ordering of the squadron/plane codes, at least two fonts etc. I don't know if it will be possible to have options to show all the variation, but at least some of it would be nice.
I was referring to the formation types and especially bomber formations which weren't done "to their fullest", or so to speak, in IL2.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 12-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
That would be the Gruppe adjutant of II Gruppe of ZG76. The green B is the correct color for a member of any of the ZG76’s Gruppe Stab’s, including II./ZG76.
Additionally, however, by the time of the Battle of Britain, II Gruppe would have applied its distinctive shark’s teeth on the nose…I believe most of the II./ZG76 110’s in BofB would have had the teeth.

Don't mean to hijack this thread. If I have further question or suggestion, I'll start a new/separate thread.
I have included various photos of ZG76's 110s with the sharkmouth in the documentation I wrote. I can, however, not say if they're included in SoW or not. OTOH I seem to remember an earlier development shot of a 110 with the ZG 76 sharkmouth.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Just FYI, I've done more extensive research, and received confirmation from experts on the matter, that there is no evidence of there having been any II./ZG76 aircraft during the the Battle of Britain (or the French Campaign) which did not have the shark teeth. I'll keep my fingers crossed for BofB... Thanks for your comments and information on your contribution to SOW:BofB