Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

I feel bad for that poor little rabbit
Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post

And I do get rather tired of this fallacy that somehow Polish pilots were way better than all of the other nations in the BoB. Or is it years of line shooting on their behalf that has distorted the facts of the matter, or are they some sort of master race?
Well the stories told say they just seriously hated the Germans because of what had happened to their country and did not see the air war as a "chivalrous" battle. They fought ruthlessly, took huge personal risks and had little regard for their own safety, often disobeyed orders to get a kill, pursued any damaged aircraft relentlessly making sure they were destroyed, showed no mercy. They were not after glory they just wanted to kill as many Germans as possible.

How true those stories are, who can tell these days.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
...I do get rather tired of this fallacy that somehow Polish pilots were way better than all of the other nations in the BoB
Not entirely a fallacy. The Poles, along with Czechoslovaks, made a significant contribution to the BoB:
Quote:
[The RAF was] bolstered by the arrival of fresh Czechoslovak and Polish squadrons. These had been held back by Dowding, who mistakenly thought non-English speaking aircrew would have trouble working within his control system. However, Polish and Czech fliers proved to be especially effective. The pre-war Polish Air Force had lengthy and extensive training, and high standards; with Poland conquered and under brutal German occupation, the pilots of No. 303 (Polish) Squadron, the highest-scoring Allied unit, were strongly motivated. Josef František, a Czech regular airman who had flown from the occupation of his own country to join the Polish and then French air forces before arriving in Britain, flew as a guest of 303 Squadron and was ultimately credited with the highest "RAF score" in the Battle of Britain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...n_contribution

This contribution is well documented, in numerous reliable sources.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Its also worth pointing out that the Luftwaffe suffered 258 aircraft destroyed in Poland with an additional 263 damaged of which 60% were unrecoverable.

Roughly Luftwaffe 420 aircraft lost in the invasion of Poland.

Whilst not huge losses compared to the 1887 lost in the Battle of Britain that is still pretty impressive for an air force whose front-line fighter was the PZL P11C.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsher View Post
As much as I am a fan of realism, tonight I am in LaLa land (So please indulge me)
I can't stand the thought of having to put in hundreds of rifle rounds into a Nazi machine only to do some interior redecorating. These wonderful historical pictures make me mad just looking at them. I want to have the Deep satisfaction of seeing the wings sheer off, huge explosions, fireballs and mayhem.

All these fantastic screenshots are really getting my blood up...
I want to customize my spit into a pimped out hell machine, Instead of my 8 .303's I want 8 Vulcan Gatling guns ( Yeah, thats right, 48 barrels of screaming allied death)

Now before all you guys get all like, he's soooo unreasonable, I am prepared to compromise... The Vulcan's might be asking a wee bit too much, so to show you that I am a totally reasonable psychotic, I am prepared to settle for 8 of those cute little Cobra Gatling 3 barrel 20mm numbers. I don't think thats asking too much.

Lets see if those swarms of He-111's can get passed 24000 rounds per minute of HE cannon shells - Welcome to England Bitches You're cleared for immediate landing at your nearest convenient hedgerow.

Thanks, rant over - La La land is a great place to be ...
This is what happens when you watch "hottub Time Machine"
and then read the weekly updates...
La la land or not, you do raise the point, inadvertently perhaps, that the new series will be openly moddable to a great extent.

A sufficiently motivated individual or group could make jet-powered flying out-houses if they wanted to. The scope is wide open for outright fantasy mods. Whatever you can imagine. Flying cars, Snoopy and the Red Barron, X-wings and Tie-fighters, UFO's, laser-firing rocket-powered bi-planes, cartoon planes shooting marshmallows at witches on broomsticks, you name it.

It seems most of us, most of the time, are so wrapped up in our preferred range of interests we forget the potential mods and products that could be spun out of what Oleg and his team are putting together here.

I wouldn't play them myself, but I think it'd be great to see sales of the overall series increased through projects like that. Pure arcade xxxx, or outright kids stuff aimed literally at four year olds. Bring it on.

No need for it to interfere with the sort of stuff we're into here, and it can only be good if it increases overall sales of the base product or engine.

Anyway, just sayin.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-23-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

Post foreign airmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Not entirely a fallacy. The Poles, along with Czechoslovaks, made a significant contribution to the BoB
Thank you for reminding of czechoslovakian assistance, I was really thinking that nobody will mention it. Btw, in the polish 303. were some czech fighters as well...

If somebody is more interested in informations about czech airmen in RAF,here is a fine web
http://www.rogerdarlington.me.uk/czechsinraf.html

As a czech, I would like to know...it will be possible to fly in foreign (czech propably) squadron? If not...are you going to at least include somehow aspect of foreign airmen?...It could be used by promotion of game in other countries
Regards and sorry for my english
Old 11-23-2010, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

This is a good job !! but here it seems that we lost insim 3D viewer witch was great to see skins of 3D work instead of entering inside a mission ( loading time )
With IL2 3D viewer when you choose an aircraft it's easy and fast to see all the planes.. but the way it is in Storm of War , look very painful for Skins maker and modders..

Is there any other way to see controlled rotating models with out going into a mission ?
Thanks.

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/

Last edited by GOZR; 11-23-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZR View Post
This is a good job !! but here it seems that we lost insim 3D viewer witch was great to see skins of 3D work instead of entering inside a mission ( loading time )
With IL2 3D viewer when you choose an aircraft it's easy and fast to see all the planes.. but the way it is in Storm of War , look very painful for Skins maker and modders..

Is there any other way to see controlled rotating models with out going into a mission ?
Thanks.
You mean the rotating aircraft viewer in the arming screen where we also select skins, right? Very good question, nicely spotted.

On the other hand, SoW seems to have really fast loading times. Just seeing how fast those below-specs machines at igromir went from the menu to loading up the game, i was very pleased.

Not to mean that an ingame 3d viewer that only loads the aircraft and not the entire map is undesirable, but even if it's missing from the first version we might be able to manage with firing up a QMB mission to check out the skins, until it's included in a patch.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsher View Post
Lets see if those swarms of He-111's can get passed 24000 rounds per minute of HE cannon shells - Welcome to England Bitches You're cleared for immediate landing at your nearest convenient hedgerow.
Some of you're taking it just too personal, I guess
Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Approved Member

Welcome to England Bitches, You're cleared for immediate landing at your nearest convenient hedgerow.

LOL!

It made me laugh, anyway.....That's the Spirit Bonny lad! Think someones been raiding the 'Babycham' cupboard.
Closed Thread