Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Default im confused: how to win a no-loss challenge?

i see a lot of people doing this, even on impossible!

i dont understand; early game you dont even have the ressurect spell, with low numbers paladins and even druids just aren't that effective, especially for mage.

there are hero fights where the hero will cast spells on your ranged units, wiping out a whole bunch with a single spell! in addition, it seems very difficult to believe that it will never happen that every once in a while an enemy stack will randomly attack a non-summoned stack of yours, killing a large number of troops!

even with reloading every time you lose a single unit (honestly i would NEVER have the patience to do that and i dont believe others do either, sounds like there is some strategy i am missing!) like i said. some hero battles are just insane, especially early game!

i try to not reload as much as possible, and i have a pretty impressive no-loss record for a newbie (which i am) i think, but even on normal it seems so hard to do *_*

can someone enlighten me?

as a side note, any advice to achieve this is using silly exploits like using multiple droid stacks, or drawing every battle out to 50 turns so u can replenish ur mana (as a mage) and use the ressurect spell, i dont need or want.

i enjoy this game in the way i assume its developers intended it to be played. it seems that within that structure some players have found impressive strategies. i hope they see this message and are willing to share

thanks all!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Approved Member

You said: as a side note, any advice to achieve this is using silly exploits like using multiple droid stacks, or drawing every battle out to 50 turns so u can replenish ur mana (as a mage) and use the ressurect spell, i dont need or want.

Good luck making a no-loss then The only thing that comes to mind is a make a good army with enough units that can resurrect (Inquisitors, Paladins, Demonologists) or use 1 black dragon you will need to obtain from kiting - but I guess kiting also doesn't factor in your equation. So... dig every battle and see if you'll luck out with a call collosus scroll. If you manage to yield a troll or a dragon, you've hit the jackpot. If not...

At start, a lineup of inquisitors, rune magi and royal thorns should get you through Debir.
Then, bolo - hopefully you'll find some cyclopses and droids there... but waaait, you don't want droids either Then another option is to try scarlet and kite Norbu away from the camp - hopefully there are some Paladins there.

BTW, why do you consider unit abilities an exploit? I can't quite understand that. The game is made in a way that allows everyone to play it the way they want. The fact that you deem a perfectly viable strategy an exploit is rather strange to me. Besides, if it was an exploit, the developers should have removed the droids by now.

Using your logic, these are also exploits:
- digging for call collosus spell by replaying a battle 100 times
- kiting for maps
- Paladins/Demonologists/Rune Magi + Phantom
- Rune Magi + Phantom
- Black Knights + Eviln (+ other undead units if you wish)
- Girl Power army + Rune Mage/Paladin/Demonologist + Phantom + Resurrection
- Single Black/Red Dragon stack + nuke spells
- Single Troll stack at night + spells if you wish
- Call Phoenix spell level 3
- any tough unit + target spell

Did I forget something?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Registered Member

When you can barely achieve no-loss on normal, you `d better stop telling us what strategy is lame and what is not...

and to achieve no-loss you do NOT need to reload often, just use your brain, this is a strategy game. Reloading does not help as much.... I also do not think you need call colossus to survive early game, it only makes game too easy(and somewhat boring tbh).

I think if you want to play without much challenge just play on normal mode. Probably solved. Impossible isn`t fit for everyone I guess.

PS: Mind you, achieving no-loss is actually making impossible game easier, cause no-loss medal is very useful. It can help quite a lot as the enemy after verona is so strong comparing to earlier islands and if you want to kite less, there is no reason not to aim at no-loss(especially when you are not so lucky to get lvl5 unit in early islands and some useful magic like target). After medal is gained, it is all about player`s preference.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

fruit: I've done the Impossible No-Loss like many others and have never done any of the following:

1) Map-kiting. I don't condemn it, I just don't do it as I never had the patience.

2) Used droids. I don't use droids because of the neutral morale bug.

3) Dragged out fights to replenish mana. With 2 Mana Well Belts and Concentration 3, there was no need.

No-Loss for me was about using the following:

1) Trap spell. This thing is really strong when used correctly. The best thing to do is to grind the Trap medal to 3 from the beginning.

2) Ranged units. If you are fighting mostly with melee units that aren't too tough, you will keep losing them. Ranged units don't need to be in melee range to deal their damage.

3) Once you can get Tier 5 units, use those AND stop using stacks of weaker tier units. No-Loss is only as hard as your weakest stack. You don't HAVE to fill up all 5 slots to fight.

I did most of the game with just 1 stack of trolls. With max level Stone Skin at night (when they regen), they are near impossible to kill. I've also done games where I'd only use 1 stack of red or black dragons and nothing else. With a mage hero on both of these, you only need your stack to live, not kill. My spells do the killing.

As you can see, I never even needed the Ressurect spell because my units don't die. I do use Phantom and Demon Portal a lot though.

Forgot to mention: I've also never reloaded a fight to achieve my no-loss.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

thank you all! playing on hard now, temjins advice is working so well, it almost is starting to seem easy *_*

lol

anyways, i geuss you are right you do have to rely on some tricks but tbh those 2 in particular (using multiple droid stacks, or drawing every battle out to 50 turns) just annoy me because i am lacking patience. (lol and here i thought i was so noble.)

however i dont think having powerful stax is a "trick" even if u r nuking, and trap grinding, phantom, etc. they are all just stuff in the game.

splitting a droid stack is like i dunno. not sure why but it bugs me.

just seems less fun to me <- opinion.

oh ya and "- digging for call collosus spell by replaying a battle 100 times"
also not my cup of tea (no patience remember ^_^)

also, i geuss i have less integrity than others but even playing a no-loss i would still not reload if i lost a unit one time after a particularly tough battle ^_^

but thats just me.
so yesh ignore lol and ty for the advice.

Last edited by fruithead; 11-22-2010 at 01:21 PM.