Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Smile

X-day is soon Oleg stated. Best news since the announcement from May 2006!
Corsair 12GB 1600 Mhz
OZC SSD 120GB
Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Your lines mean nothing other than all the tracers are moving at the same speed and so are the same length.. you should be measuring distance from the gun barrel, the ones nearest the mgs are clearly out of sync.
True.

The MGs are in perfect synchronization, when you pull the trigger. The different rates of fire then desynch the MGs more and more. This is very nicely represented in the screenshot. Also note that your lines are not parallel. So you can see that the bullets also don't follow the exact same line of flight.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

I hope there are blades of grass visible around the houses and trees like there are around the vehicle tires/treads
Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

Smile .

Fantastic!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Oleg thanks for the update, you mention that some things you intended for the first release will not make it, can you you confirm that Direct X 11 and a dynamic weather system are not amongst the things you are leaving out, I ask because as of yet we haven't seen any of these.

Also will the aircraft skins and ground vehicles be treated to some weathering before release?

Could you also go more into depth on the things that wont make the initial release,

many thanks
hope oleg are talking about trees! are very complex. so much resources for trees taken from the videocard. or options low quality trees at least.

in 2008 talk about clouds have its own turbulences and dynamic weather system. That stuff take so much resources of the cpu and memory.

I can't think of any other think right now that oleg concerned
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 09-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel79 View Post
Oleg,

I hope your publisher can release a "Special Edition" that is a few more bucks and includes a few more flyable planes or something like that.
What a great idea! They could make a DVD (Double Layered) with a compliation of ALL the whining posts from this fourum! Just to remind us of what we've put them through!

All the best in your move Oleg, and remember not to leave your file server on the curb when your team is packing up all the office equipment!

Cheers!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Approved Member

I sincerely hope that we don't get into the console craze of releasing exclusive content. WWII warbirds are different then getting a reskinned fictional gun or a modified look to a unit that everyone has. That sort of thing has it's place... but not here.

Banish that idea
Old 09-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Wow!!!!!

Just, wow!

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Rall;184322]I have one suggestion. I think that when your sitting in the cockpit you should be able to look down and see the pilots legs, feet, right arm with hand on stick and left arm with hand on throttle.

It's just not right to look down & see nothing. Am I right?
QUOTE]

Yes, but its just as wrong to hit a button on your keyboard and the pilots hands don't move or even worse - go through a series of canned animated movements AFTER you selected the switch, or not being able to see your throttle setting because your hand is on the mixture control. (hey how did the sim know I wanted to move the mixture- see what I'm getting at?)

Some times you need to sit back and remember that there are only so many things that can be done, we are after all talking about a PC Simulation.

This topic has been debated numerous times in the past. The answer is that there will not be one solution that will satisfy everyone and that it's up to the developers to create the sim the way they see fit, and we will either decide to purchace it based on the features that it offers or we won't.

Cheers!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
unless those are indeed lasers, you'll have to add the speed of the airplane which is firing them.
Spitfires with lasers! Cool! Hey I'ld pay extra for laser!