Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
Aesir. You are right on. For now, the only way to play Crossworld with Steam is to do exactly what you said. Install and validate files for Armored princess, then install and validate Crossworld, de-activate auto-update, and... DON'T touch the Armored Princess button anymore!

I was able to play Crossworld for 4 hours in a row, and everything is fine now.

But something is broken here. Hope they will fix it monday morning, because if you touch the AP button for any reason, then you have to re-download and re-validate everything all over again...

I have over 75 games in my Steam folder, and alot of DLCs and expansion packs. It's the first time I see something like that.

But for now, those on Steam just need to follow Aesir instrutions and it will work.
Or those who have the game working without problems should NOT touch the kb-ap play button... just enjoy playing the game and dont touch that button.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Yes, Rancor, that is correct. You will not encounter the problem I describe if:

* You installed AP, then CW.
* Have only launched CW from Steam and never launch AP from Steam.

The "missing" manual however remains a problem. If you want the Armored Princess manual, you'll need to download that separately. The Crossworld manual primarly just covers the changes, but leaves out much of the basic information found in the AP manual.

Last edited by Aesir; 09-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

I'm finding this quite bothersome, not that I've started to play any of them, but that I can expect to have problems when I do. I bout the Kings Bounty bundle, and was going to play each of them in turn. Or maybe jump between the three, but it appears I may not be able to do that...
Old 09-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizaerd View Post
... was going to play each of them in turn.
None of this impacts King's Bounty: The Legend. You can start there and not worry about any of this issue until it comes time to decide whether you want to try AP without CW, or just jump to CW. Hope that info helps.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

I experienced the same problem, and my guess is that you should not attempt to validate your game cache. I did that on Crossworlds, and that's when all my problems started. Not sure if vallidating AP also causes the problem.

I resolved my endless downloads, game unavailable, wrong version errors by deleting Crossworlds and AP. I then redownloaded AP then Crossworlds. I haven't turned off auto-update, maybe I should.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm View Post
I experienced the same problem, and my guess is that you should not attempt to validate your game cache. I did that on Crossworlds, and that's when all my problems started. Not sure if vallidating AP also causes the problem.

I resolved my endless downloads, game unavailable, wrong version errors by deleting Crossworlds and AP. I then redownloaded AP then Crossworlds. I haven't turned off auto-update, maybe I should.
Just don't play KB AP and you should be fine for now. Turning off auto updates was what I did as the initial knee jerk reaction to ensure that Steam would not download anymore updates once I had Crossworlds running properly. While it won't hurt anything to turn it off, I suspect as Aesir has posted, not touching KB AP and you should be good to go for now.

I think it quite likely that the reason why I experienced this to begin with was that I attempted to play KB AP right after installing Crossworlds which then messed up crossworlds, and steam validated the files to show the failed files, then kept messing things up as I chose one or the other to play not knowing basically I was playing AP anyway in Crossworlds, or rather an enhanced version of it.