Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
I'm wondering if their will be some way of camouflaging targets? During the Battle of Brittan, England went to great measures to hide some of their airfields, factory's and other sensitive installations. Will camouflaging be modeled in the game? For example...as the "time line" progresses will we see (or not see) hidden airfields appear, and will sensitive factory's suddenly be camouflaged as row houses?
Great idea.. hope there will be something like that made.

Lakes and harbours were camouflaged to throw off navigation.
In FMB it can be imitated.

Even Boeing camouflaged the factory:

http://www.taphilo.com/history/WWII/...ing/H302-5.jpg
Old 09-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Tree_UK

Yeah im liking that too
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Глубокоуважаемый Олег.
Я понимаю, что у Вас очень много работы, но могли ли Вы быть столь любезны и благосклонны, чтоб написать сообществу несколько строк (чуть больше, чем просто скрины апдейта) о прогрессе Вашей работы над всеми нами очень ожидаемой игры.
Спасибо, извените за беспокойство.

Translation for English-speaking community (using google translator). Sorry, if something is not right
Quote:
Dear Oleg.
I understand that you have a lot of work, but could you be so kind and supportive to write a few lines of community (a bit more than just screenshots fixes) on the progress of your work over all of us very anticipated game.
Thanks, Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Trackir in the game

Is it possible TrackIR settings in the game so that the pilot turned his head with the rotation of the player who has TrackIR? It would be a wonderful impression and give a lot of realism to the game.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

Можно ли настройки TrackIR в игре, так что пилот повернул голову с поворотом тот игрок, который TrackIR? Это было бы прекрасным впечатление и дают много реализма к игре.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

I've seen it in Il2 (a mod maybe?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302_Wietnam View Post
Is it possible TrackIR settings in the game so that the pilot turned his head with the rotation of the player who has TrackIR? It would be a wonderful impression and give a lot of realism to the game.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

Можно ли настройки TrackIR в игре, так что пилот повернул голову с поворотом тот игрок, который TrackIR? Это было бы прекрасным впечатление и дают много реализма к игре.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
I've seen it in Il2 (a mod maybe?)
The AI do it. Players do not.

Waste of bandwidth to have players doing it in my opinion.
I would rater have an extra player in the server than have everyone moving their blocks about.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

But there is a chance to do it right in this game
Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Ok then.. well..
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

That's what I meant (from 1:34 on).

Heads turning with TrackIR, human pilots, online. A mod however.

Cheers,
Insuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letum View Post
The AI do it. Players do not.

Waste of bandwidth to have players doing it in my opinion.
I would rater have an extra player in the server than have everyone moving their blocks about.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
@nearmiss

of course i am serious.
The workload for a fighter pilot was much to easy in il2.
The different workloads in different planes have a great influence to the sa of the pilots
and so also to the outcome of dogfights.
I want as much simulation as possible, the trend to arcadish shortcuts is imho wrong.
But i shure hope there will be servers for all levels of realism so everybody will be satisfied.
If someone sets up a gaming keyboard to perform some tasks, it won't be that big of a deal (probably). The vast majority of cockpit clicking will be for prepping engine start, take off, cruise, landing, and shut down. Stuff that is not time critical. There will probably also be keyboard shortcuts that do the same things if you don't want to click switches. I am equally sure there will be difficulty settings that eliminate the need for a lot of clicking.

Once you get to combat, it's going to be stick, rudder, throttle, prop pitch, and trim. Oh, and trigger .

Obviously those are guesses on my part, but it's the only thing that makes sense. A lot of people are not going to be into the "simulation" part of the "boring" stuff, like engine starts, fuel balance, or even stopping their wheels from spinning before they raise the landing gear. Then again, some of us (me included) want it all if possible.

Nearmiss and those that play like him won't have much of an advantage in combat. He just doesn't much care about how to really start a P39 compared to a BF-109, at least not every single time he flies. I think that's what he was trying to get across.

I know from flying other pure flight sims that the first few times, I want to go by the checklist and "learn it". Once I do, I want to switch over to starting quickly so I can get into the air and have some fun. So even I want both options.

Unless, of course, I am missing something and "script monkeys" (the derogatory term) are going to get some sort of huge advantage in combat.

Splitter