Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Extraordinary Game!

I have to say that this this is the most extraordinary game I have ever played.

So many cups of tea. Every two minutes you get into an unavoidable fight which lasts forever so you put it on auto and go and make a cuppa. Hopefully, when you get back the fight is over. Actually participating just may reduce the time by a minute or so but the feeling is 'Oh, not again'.

Good bladder training!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Fighting on auto! What a sacrilegious idea!

I feel another Impy challenge coming up: Impossible No Loss with fighting on auto!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

A heck of a lot would have to rely on having units simply not die. Does anyone know if the auto-manage casts spells? Because if so, I'd probably do my level best to only learn Heal, and discard/sell all other scrolls, to force the AI to cast it.

You can't count on getting all the medals (particularly guardian), which hurts. Although it's possible if you planned things out very, very well you'd be able to pick up at least guardian 2 off of archmages in particularly easy fights.

So my assumptions: Automanage will use spells, so only knowing heal means it will regularly cast heal. You can manage to get guardian 2. And you're willing to just keep re-rolling the game until it has every item you need.

You could make it a ways into the game by just kiting, then using solo troll stacks at night, regardless of whether those assumptions stand up or not. I'm pretty sure no matter what happens you couldn't play the whole game, because sooner or later you'd run into a big old stack of archdemons and that would be that.

However, with regular healing...
Daytime trolls (30% physical resist) + guardian 2 (5% all resists) + 2x twinkling boots (30% physical resist) + 2x slippery cuirass (20% physical resist) + 2x crystal ball (10% all resists) have base 95% physical resistance and 780 health. A single stack of them could survive up to almost end-game against physical damage if the AI cast heal on them regularly. Add in a chaos crown (50% magic resist), an anti-magic diploma (25% magic resist), and a belt of the student (10% magic, fire, poison resists), and you've got a unit that also has a base 95% magic resistance. It's entirely possible the AI would manage to no-loss with that sort of edge against any army that doesn't do astral, fire, or poison damage. If you had to deal with physical + fire damage, you might be able to squeak by if you swapped the trolls for archdemons, then used a scale set instead of one of those shimmering cuirasses - only 90% physical resist, but 95% fire resist. For physical + poison damage, use ancient ents with the same swap, and add a belt of the student for 85% physical and 75% poison resistance on a 1400 hp unit. Definitely a weak point, but still respectably strong.

Magic plus any of the others is easy of course - start with astral crown, 2x leather dress, 2x crystal ball, gloves of the destroyer, belt of the student, guardian 2 to give 95% magic and 35% poison, 35% fire resistance. Then add items as needed to reach 95% in whichever one you're worried about.

That'd get you a looong way into the game before you started taking losses, even on auto-fight.

On the other hand...
-I'm not sure if the AI does cast spells, and if it doesn't cast heal then you're dead in the water with this approach.
-You're never going to manage no-loss against large stacks of archdemons.
-K'tahu and Baal just won't be beaten by automated units.
-And it'd be excruciatingly boring.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Yes it will cast spells and use the Pet and The Legend will use the rage cage. Just not the way you may want it to use them. I tried a few walkover fights and a few that were hard and underway to see what it would do.

It is not clueless though.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmxa View Post
It is not clueless though.
I pressed autoplay key accidentally yesterday - it quickly finished the easy fight (my mage was about level 50 and enemies were without hero), but with two quirks:

- there were chests on the battlefield, Auto didn't take them.
- red dragons (which I have included for the first time, I have never used them in The Legend or earlier fights in Armoured Princess because I like only Green Dragons) killed one or two of my Green Dragons, which were standing next to the last enemy (some lowly bears). All other hexes around the bears were free, yet Red Dragons, which could go anywhere on the map with their remaining points, decided to kill some of their "friends" by accident. Racial hatred maybe?

So, I thanked the Autoplay and not gonna to use again. Unless for fun.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

If you don't like the combat in this game, then the game is not for you. King's Bounty is 80-90% fighting.