Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Totally unneccessary discussion about swastica and german or russian law. Once americans permitted germans to use it and today americans complain about germans don't want to use it any more, lol Paint it onto the skin if you can't live without...

More important is the following:

I wonder why nobody is complaining about pilot's size? If I got luthier right then MG sized down the pilots inside cockpits in external models to prevent them to clip canopy when beeing animated.

I still ask myself if I got that matter right, and if so then I have do disagree. I'd rather would have less animations in a 109's cockpit than a 1,20 m dwarf. If a cockpit is too tight to make any gymnastics inside then, well, I can't make them.
It's all part of the animation thing. Our stock pilots are 175 cm I think. With tight cockpits like the 109, we have to find a fragile balance between height and shoulder room so they don't clip through the sides of the cockpit during maneuvers.

I think wha he is saying is, that they settled on 175cm for the pilot figure to make it fit every cockpit and allow for all the animations to be flawless.

And 175cm was not unusual for pilots, taller ones usually ended up as bomber/transport pilots due to the restrictive nature of the fighter cockpits.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
It's all part of the animation thing. Our stock pilots are 175 cm I think. With tight cockpits like the 109, we have to find a fragile balance between height and shoulder room so they don't clip through the sides of the cockpit during maneuvers.

I think wha he is saying is, that they settled on 175cm for the pilot figure to make it fit every cockpit and allow for all the animations to be flawless.

And 175cm was not unusual for pilots, taller ones usually ended up as bomber/transport pilots due to the restrictive nature of the fighter cockpits.
wasnt the english pilot in the recent video posted here 1.76 cm tall ? and he was VERY cramped in the 109 cockpit and his head touched the canopy when closed

for the hurricane and spitfire this is less critical (even if the same oleg-BoB pilot figure still looks a bit to small/short) because real life pilots ( as seen in several real life photographs posted here in recent threads confirm) had more room.

still, not a reason to spend weeks/months of bug fixing time on right now imho. solve it after release
Old 08-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

Well, scrolling through the vairious screenshots the figure size looks undersized in almost all fighter and bomber cockpits , I was under the impression this was just a place holder ?