Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Default Possible to kill driller with just 2 droids?

and to do this at a very very low level too!

1 guard droid tanks driller so that he doesnt summon, mana spring+stone skin.

1 repair droid sits at the lower right most square (lower right most when you face your camera towards driller, it's the only square on the battle field in which your repair droid's ranged attack gets halved) repairs after waiting and flies back the very next turn.

this strategy fails if that particular square isn't a blind spot. but i think it is a blind spot with this setup, as in, driller will always choose to hit the guard droid.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

You cannot, I think, prevent Driller from shooting. He will simply be less likely to shoot. And when he shoots your repaid droid, it dies. I'd be curious enough to do some testing though. It'd be ridiculously long fight however.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

very easy to kill driller with 1 guard droid stack and 2 half stacks of repair droid.
Earliest I killed him was ~ level 23 with proper droid item and axe of ice.

I found that if you place the repair droids next to each other behind and right to the guard droid then whenever driller shoots (once every 3-4 turns) he always shoots at 1 specific stack (the one closest to the guard droid)

So basically keep stone skin and mana spring on the guard droid.
Keep stoneskin on the repair droid that is getting fired upon.
The repair droid not getting hit will fix the other repair droid.
The repair droid getting hit fix guard droid.

Rinse and repeat until driller has low health then allow driller to summon repair droids and finish with no losses

takes a while though
Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iregev View Post

then allow driller to summon repair droids
I may sund like a noob... but why? enlighten me
Old 07-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_atrax View Post
I may sund like a noob... but why? enlighten me
he means that if you let driller summon 1 group of droids, then kill driller, then you can repair your units back to full at your leisure...if you don't, then driller will die and the fight will end before you even have a chance to repair everything back to full.

edit: also he specifically said repair bots because they can shoot and not get counter-attacked, where as guard droids will hit you and your retaliation will probably kill it before you have a chance to repair everything back to full.

Last edited by axelle; 07-15-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelle View Post
he means that if you let driller summon 1 group of droids, then kill driller, then you can repair your units back to full at your leisure...if you don't, then driller will die and the fight will end before you even have a chance to repair everything back to full.

edit: also he specifically said repair bots because they can shoot and not get counter-attacked, where as guard droids will hit you and your retaliation will probably kill it before you have a chance to repair everything back to full.
aww ok now... tomorrow I think I'll get to that Driller you talk about