Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

I never liked the CH flight sticks much because of the clunky gimbals made accurate shooting while maneuvering difficult. Well the G940 is 10X worse. G940 electric centering ,forcefeeback, and very week tension around the center makes the CH stick feel smooth. Your constantly having to change input force drastically, making accurate shooting very difficult. Hopefully a patch will be able smooth out the rough edges of the G940, but I have my doubts that a software change will be able to do that.

I hate having going back to my MSFF2, Cougar Throttle, and Saitek pedals after investing so much money in the G940, so I will tough it out awhile longer, hoping things will get better. At the moment the The MSFF2 > G940 stick, Cougar throttle > G940, and the Saitek Pro Rudders > G940 rudders. I decided to buy a new Hotas because Windows 7 doesn't load the MSFF2 programming software.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
I never liked the CH flight sticks much because of the clunky gimbals made accurate shooting while maneuvering difficult. Well the G940 is 10X worse. G940 electric centering ,forcefeeback, and very week tension around the center makes the CH stick feel smooth. Your constantly having to change input force drastically, making accurate shooting very difficult. Hopefully a patch will be able smooth out the rough edges of the G940, but I have my doubts that a software change will be able to do that.

I hate having going back to my MSFF2, Cougar Throttle, and Saitek pedals after investing so much money in the G940, so I will tough it out awhile longer, hoping things will get better. At the moment the The MSFF2 > G940 stick, Cougar throttle > G940, and the Saitek Pro Rudders > G940 rudders. I decided to buy a new Hotas because Windows 7 doesn't load the MSFF2 programming software.
I trashed my completely new X52 PRO stick and now Im on MS SW Precision pro + X52 PRO throttle

I think ill buy 2 MS SW FF2 PRO joysticks to have them in reserve.....Tried CH stuff, Aviator, Evo......CH is durable yes....but thats all what is good there.......all those sticks are crap crap crap when it comes to precision and theyr all uncomfortable.....except MS SW

Last edited by Tvrdi; 12-15-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
I trashed my completely new X52 PRO stick and now Im on MS SW Precision pro + X52 PRO throttle

I think ill buy 2 MS SW FF2 PRO joysticks to have them in reserve.....Tried CH stuff, Aviator, Evo......CH is durable yes....but thats all what is good there.......all those sticks are crap crap crap when it comes to precision and theyr all uncomfortable.....except MS SW
Hehe...I took my X52 for a ride, it never returned.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Default ..

S!

Still using the dreaded TM Cougar Clunky and all, spikes at times but works most of the time Can't wait to get that A-10 stick though, but might cost quite a heap of moolah
Old 06-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

First preview from SimHQ!

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_101b.html
Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Default For FuzzyChickens

http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/...iew_Event.html

" In the new Warthog, this older system has been replaced by a H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology) sensor. This new sensor uses magnetic fields to detect accurate stick location. In fact, the new sensor is so accurate that it has a resolution of 65,536 x 65,536 different locations! "
Old 06-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/...iew_Event.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Deacon View Post
"In the new Warthog, this older system has been replaced by a H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology) sensor. This new sensor uses magnetic fields to detect accurate stick location. In fact, the new sensor is so accurate that it has a resolution of 65,536 x 65,536 different locations! "
Old 06-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Approved Member

S!

If you read SimHQ, there is a hands-on article of TM Warthog stating it uses Hall sensors. A HOTAS I will buy for sure. Only downside is that it lacks the port to attach pedals so need to buy USB pedals as well.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!
Only downside is that it lacks the port to attach pedals so need to buy USB pedals as well.
Or you can keep Cougar on your desk!I got Modded Cougar and Simpeds and I don't feel good thinking all these in a closet!
Also,I think using T.A.R.G.E.T. you can manage all these devices with on piece of software.

@VA_Deacon: H.E.A.R.T is in use on T.16000M.
http://www.hotas.gr/content/view/77/1/lang,en/

Last edited by 335th_GRSwaty; 06-24-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added videos
Old 06-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

The Warthog is looking more interesting all the time. I like everything I've seen so far. BUT...One of the most important aspects of a stick beside precision is being able to adjust the return to center tension to suit. It will be interesting to see if the Warthog uses springs or some other form. I think the only sticks with adjustable return to center tension are the G940 and MSFF2 which are adjusted electrically, thru the forcefeedback circuitry.