Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Strange object on russian radar, ATC Yakutsk

I'm sorry, I know this is not the place for this but I'm wondering if anyone who speaks russian can translate the radio chatter for me.

This video was uploaded a few days ago to Youtube, it shows an object in Yakutsk airspace that has no transponder (or switched off) as evidenced by the zero's, flies at an altitude of almost 20km and has a bizarre speed of 9800 kph, making turns.

Top row of characters is the flight number, below that altitude (1100 is 11 kilometers), then position relative to the tower in degrees and then the distance to the tower in kilometers.

Is this some new russian prototype?

If I break a rule here, I apologise.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

i suspect its a fake video, but the only thing i can base this on is

1) there seem to be 2 different video sequences, initially one of the inside of the ATC tower at a russian airfield, and then later a completely different video tag'ed onto it which exclusively shows the full screen view of what the radar screen shows
2) once the video shows the radar screen it NEVER pans back enough to show the surrounding area of the desk, as would be more natural giving the excitement of the moment, in fact you could say it deliberatly seems to avoid showing even the edges of the display bezel or anything next to the display unit (very hard to do manually for 3 or 4 minutes with a hand held camera). additionally in the initial sequence none of the displays are on in the tower, then ZAP suddenly we are full screen on the magic ufo display, very odd indeed
3) the desktop screens for atc at the tower are CRT's as you can see in the initial sequence (edit: there is a small flat screen 17' display on the right side of the room, but it is turned off as well), yet the radar screen video seems taken from a flat panel (prob lcd), and there is no 50 hz flicker etc as you would expect from the crt displays, the image on the radar screen is also from a very rectangular flat display, no curving at the edges, just looking at the image quality of that part of the video it aint crt !
4) given the above, i suspect the russian chatter is just added for effect, could be a few bored controllers reminding each other to bring home milk and eggs, or reminiscing about the amount of vodka they had the previous night, or maybe the video creators added some of their own chatter to make it look better

some here speak russian, lets wait what they say

my bet so far, hoax ! the radar screen is probably taken from a pc game or sim, or from a training video display from a real atc setup where you can input any variables you like for the objects onscreen

Last edited by zapatista; 05-31-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

From youtube:

"The audio is sliced and seems to be added externally. People are talking about problems establishing communication with two planes which are close to the 00000 object. It seems that plane crews are unable to understand what the traffic controller says and report some interference in the FM range. Another voice says the interference sounded as if some woman 'meowed'. Later the radio contact was reestablished and the operator is trying to find out the exact time frame of the interference. "
Old 06-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Hi

The video is done with a mobile phone and the audio added to the mobile vid clip for obvious reasons so you can hear all ATC comms.

Prolly a Spit MkIX 25lbs

Old 06-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Hi

Prolly a Spit MkIX 25lbs

Puhahahaha...
Old 06-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimech View Post
I'm sorry, I know this is not the place for this but I'm wondering if anyone who speaks russian can translate the radio chatter for me.

This video was uploaded a few days ago to Youtube, it shows an object in Yakutsk airspace that has no transponder (or switched off) as evidenced by the zero's, flies at an altitude of almost 20km and has a bizarre speed of 9800 kph, making turns.

Top row of characters is the flight number, below that altitude (1100 is 11 kilometers), then position relative to the tower in degrees and then the distance to the tower in kilometers.

Is this some new russian prototype?

If I break a rule here, I apologise.

so many sites on the internet that can translate for you, yet you pick this one.

of COURSE its fake. Who cares what it says!!?!

Dear GOD i despair when i see such worthless rubbish posted, no wonder the nigerian scam is so popular, so many stupid morons eager to believe anything.

Should this kind of internet garbage become regular, sadly this site will join a long, long list of never visit sites.

Please admins, delete this kind of ridiculousness and preserve this forum.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

@engarde: thank you for saying what I wanted to say.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

@engarde: Since you have all the wisdom on the planet, please enlighten us.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimech View Post
@engarde: Since you have all the wisdom on the planet, please enlighten us.
Huh?

Save it for another forum eh?

Lets preserve this one for aeroplanes, not mystical mysterious bullshut.