Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 04-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Approved Member

Default thanks

Ah yes thanks m8 i not one to read the manual and i totally forgot about it
i see now ctrl+tab,thanks for the help,also m8 will the siren mod that is for the cop cars does this work on the english version?hopefully more mods come out for it
Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =XIII=Shea View Post
Ah yes thanks m8 i not one to read the manual and i totally forgot about it
i see now ctrl+tab,thanks for the help,also m8 will the siren mod that is for the cop cars does this work on the english version?hopefully more mods come out for it
I really don't play around with mods, unless I have a need to. So, I couldn't answer that.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-21-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down

well im glad it did a system requirements check when i installed and it said everything i have in my system was enough. also says right on the site i bought it from that 2 gigs of ram is enough. so how do i run this game if i have xp since that OS only uses 3.5 gigs of ram? it would have been nice to know that my pc did not meet minimum system requirements before i spent my hard earned money on this product. i will be upgrading my system soon to a quad core and 4 gigs of ram. if it still dont work right, i will never buy another game made by this company. i will make it a point to tell everyone its not worth it. i should just because of false advertisement alone. i mean for being delayed 7 years for a release, this stuff should have been known. also, as far as gameplay goes, from what i have been able to play before it crashes is not that great. i have 18 wos haulin as well and i have to say i think that game is better. the cities are all bland and the same but with the mods i have in that game the trucks look better, better truck physics. exept the overpowered jake break that virtually stops you on a dime. the trailer does what a real trailer would. even the weather and traffic are better. if 18 wos haulin had a multiplayer option i wouldnt be here right now. now compare how long each manufacturer had to complete their games. how is it that valusoft can work on a game for 2-3 years and put a game out that is 10 times as good and it took these guys almost 8 years to put out? unless we see a patch very soon, i will be asking for a refund.

P.S. i hate the constant racing, us drivers/enthusiasts want a truck sim! not an arcade game.

This could have all been avoided by releasing a BETA test! i guess when all else fails, use your head!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-28-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg14870 View Post
The game states that the minimum requirements are 1 gigabyte of RAM. I have 2.5 and it seems that the game needs more. Is it because of the major memory leakage that is supposedly being fixed in the patch? Does anyone think that the game would require less after the patch?
1gb ram is just the minimal. 2gb ram is recommended on Impulse, and probably others. I have seen it run on 2gb ram, but that even falls short. I personally recommend 4gb ram to make it run smoothly (English version). I can't speak for other versions.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Could it be, since so many people are having so many different kinds of problems, that the problems are not game related. I have heard many times on this forum about corrupt files. Could the problems be installation related and people just have to keep downloading it until the amount of problems is bearable?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg14870 View Post
Could it be, since so many people are having so many different kinds of problems, that the problems are not game related. I have heard many times on this forum about corrupt files. Could the problems be installation related and people just have to keep downloading it until the amount of problems is bearable?
I thought you were done, and over buy now. Everybody here, especially me has tried to help, and you keep coming back asking for the most part the same question, in different ways. PLEASE, contact your downloading provider, where you purchased RnR from. They are better equipped to handle your problem then we are. Stop being a pest! What more do you want from us?! From asking for a refund, to trying to aid you with your malfunctions, I have done all that I could, along with others.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

I have!I have sent to emails to 1C and waited a week to no avail. They do not answer me. So the only way for information is this forum. I am sorry if I have been "a pest" but I an desperately trying to figuer this game out and get answers if I can not return it. Once more, I apologize.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

Default Performance fix?

I just recently bought the game and ive only been aggervated about the performance and collision issues between cars/trucks.

Ignoring the collision issues and fixing the performance i have enjoyed the game so far. It reminds me everything of hard truck.(I played it when i was about.. 10 or 11 and recently got back into it to find out this existed(I'm 16))

Enough rambling. Anyway i have:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire T180
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 1696MB used, 2398MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
====================================
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
Display Memory: 1267 MB
Dedicated Memory: 499 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I have been lagging since i got it even on low settings at max res.

I lowered my res to 1280×800, and put ALL the graphics settings to max + 4x AA.(wont go higher?)
In the Nvidia control panel i edited the way it ran with these settings:
==================================================

The game runs smooth and looks good.

(I hope this is in the right section and i don't know if i should have made a new thread )
Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackop2 View Post
I just recently bought the game and ive only been aggervated about the performance and collision issues between cars/trucks.

Ignoring the collision issues and fixing the performance i have enjoyed the game so far. It reminds me everything of hard truck.(I played it when i was about.. 10 or 11 and recently got back into it to find out this existed(I'm 16))

I lowered my res to 1280×800, and put ALL the graphics settings to max + 4x AA.(wont go higher?)

(I hope this is in the right section and i don't know if i should have made a new thread )
I've never played around with those settings in the Nvidia panel but mine are different than yours but I may have to try those settings you posted I'm on an old 8800GTS
Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackop2 View Post

Just out of curiosity, what Nvidia card do you have? I get an average of 25 fps in this game with a 9800 GTX+ but I have my graphics and sound settings maxed. I'll play around with the Nvidia Control Panel to see if I can get smoother gameplay.